Wheeling Gull Isle into daddy’s arms
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
Read Only 
@Heda was planning to come back for @Judah. Caracal knew he should get off the island before she returned. But the possibility of forgiveness and reconciliation—no matter how remote it felt—kept running amok through his mind now as he stared out at the lapping waves. Anyway, he shouldn’t leave his son here all alone, not even for one minute…

But he would respect the boy’s wishes and keep his distance. He stood and walked solemnly along the beach, stopping to watch a black fin cut through the water. Caracal froze, breath hitching in his throat. It sank back into the waters and did not reappear. He stared, one paw coming up to rub at his crusty face.

Despite himself, he eventually went looking for Judah. He checked their most recent sleeping spot, then tried to find a fresh trail. The one he found led him toward the island’s south shore, where the high tide currently hid the sandbar. Caracal’s grainy gaze swept the sands, though when he saw no sign of the boy, he padded onward in his search. He didn’t think to scour the distant shoreline, as he knew Judah wouldn’t leave the island.

He was reluctant to call out to Judah, though when he still couldn’t find him and dread started creeping into his heart, Caracal shouted, Ju! Judah! When no reply came, he tried again. Ju, I’m sorry! I’m sorry I scared you! There was no sound save for his rapid breathing and the distant crash of waves. Ju, you’re scaring me now! Please answer me! Ju? Ju! JUDAH!

Caracal retraced his steps at a run. When he hit the southern head of the island, he plunged into the water. If Judah wasn’t on the island, he would have to find him and just make sure he was safe.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)