Wheeling Gull Isle pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
Read Only 

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: graphic violence, suicide.

Caracal started awake to the sound of many seagulls screeching. Every part of him hurt terribly and he felt almost too weak to raise his head. When he finally managed, he looked around with his single bleary eye, everything coming back to him in a horrific rush as he registered a terrible smell in the air.

He didn’t see @Nakano at the moment but he must have moved him here. When he looked around for him and turned toward the land bridge, Caracal’s jaw dropped. There was the blackfish’s bloated corpse, beneath a veritable carpet of screeching seagulls gorging on its blubbery body.

Shuddering with the effort, Caracal sat upright and tried to make sense of the scene. How had the blackfish come to be stranded on the beach? Caracal didn’t know, though his shivering body went cold when he thought of @Judah’s small, disembodied paw lying at Nakano’s feet. Where was the rest of him?

He thought he knew. Marshaling himself, Caracal stumbled down the beach to the enormous body, scattering many noisy seagulls as he approached. It reeked to high heaven, yet he came close enough to lean against the strangely rubbery carcass. His eyes closed and he breathed harshly, still trembling.

After taking a moment to catch his breath and gather the last of his strength, Caracal began tearing into the whale’s underside. The flesh was slippery and thick. He quickly became slathered in stinking gore. When the contents of the orca’s stomach finally spilled out in a reeking gush, he didn’t try to get away.

Instead, he dropped down and began scouring for any more of Judah’s remains. Caracal wanted to give his son a proper burial, if it was the last thing he ever did. But he found nothing discernible and could only weep wretchedly as he backed away from the corpse, leaving the offal to the gulls as he lurched toward Wheeling Gull’s interior.

Thinking himself alone on the island, Caracal slouched to The Lion’s Den. Once there, he dropped to the floor and didn’t move. And he never would again, he decided, closing his eyes. He would lay here and fast until he passed away, a final act of repentance as he paid for all of his sins with the only thing left to him: his life. He deserved to suffer, though he knew it would not take long in his condition.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)