The Heartwood But now it's like the night is taking sides
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,981 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She went easily into Bronco's arms when he pulled her into them, leaning against her brother and finding relief in his comfortable, familiar embrace. He offered solace of another kind: he gave a name to the feeling she'd been experiencing. Homesick, she murmured in her mind. It made her think of the word "heartsick," which felt quite apt.

-"Both,"- she answered readily when her brother gently pressed for more details. -"It started after the last time we went there. I don't know why. But I suddenly miss the copse, like, super badly. And I miss everyone there, but especially my mom, I guess."- Her lip very nearly wobbled, though Meerkat managed to take a deep breath and hold it together, clutching more tightly at Bronco.

-"But I don't want to leave Moonspear or anything. I like it there, a lot. I like living in the grove with you, in our sparkly den. I like all the friends I've made. I just wish I could live in both packs at once. That's not a thing, is it?"- Meerkat couldn't help the hopeful note in her voice or her soft gaze as she leaned back to look into her brother's face.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
But now it's like the night is taking sides - by RIP Bronco - September 28, 2020, 01:50 PM
RE: But now it's like the night is taking sides - by Meerkat - September 30, 2020, 12:06 PM
RE: But now it's like the night is taking sides - by Meerkat - September 30, 2020, 03:03 PM
RE: But now it's like the night is taking sides - by Meerkat - September 30, 2020, 03:31 PM
RE: But now it's like the night is taking sides - by Meerkat - October 02, 2020, 04:09 PM