Redsand Canyon seems a pity not to take a chance
an hour of wolves and shattered shields
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
they had been sitting here for quite some time, both of them. and he had offered her nothing but his company. not even a reflective conversation. already germanicus felt as though he had failed in some small way. the tactician sternly told himself that he must keep his head together. if he could not think of the future then he would live defiantly in the present.

he was ashamed to feel so many ways at once. the eagle did not understand why his emotions must be this way. the stricken face of crowfeather played before the eye of his mind. 

he wanted to tell her that he had never been accountable to pharaoh but did not wish to appear churlish.

the master tactician stepped carefully in the one place where he should not.

"the woman, tamar, is contracted in service to the queen. as far as i am able to see, she is the one fellahin who is so bound. i have only spoken with pharaoh of how to end her tenure. i have not informed him that i intend to terminate arsenio's watch when mereo is official."

"my continued presence in akashingo will faciliate their departure." so long as germanicus was an honored member of pharaoh's court, he could leverage this for an easier split from akashingo. "i do not expect ramesses to press his claim here. his curse is political skill."

they were off-topic. or were they? germanicus could no longer tell. it felt that the chill in the canyon had tightened. so far glaukos and kallik had not appeared. the eagle looked toward the den-mouth and then at lady ruenna again. 

his eyes were imperceptibly warmer. or perhaps only relieved. they felt akin to one another in the moment. "would you care to move our conspiracies indoors?" germanicus inquired. another joke. a wan jest.
Messages In This Thread
seems a pity not to take a chance - by Ruenna - December 08, 2021, 11:06 AM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Germanicus - December 08, 2021, 12:34 PM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Ruenna - December 10, 2021, 07:08 PM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Germanicus - December 11, 2021, 09:55 AM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Ruenna - December 11, 2021, 10:51 AM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Germanicus - December 11, 2021, 11:33 AM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Ruenna - December 11, 2021, 11:31 PM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Germanicus - December 12, 2021, 01:04 AM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Ruenna - December 13, 2021, 07:20 PM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Germanicus - December 13, 2021, 08:42 PM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Ruenna - December 14, 2021, 09:31 PM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Germanicus - December 14, 2021, 10:32 PM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Ruenna - December 16, 2021, 06:28 PM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Germanicus - December 16, 2021, 07:11 PM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Ruenna - December 18, 2021, 08:06 PM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Germanicus - December 18, 2021, 10:06 PM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Ruenna - December 27, 2021, 04:22 PM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Germanicus - December 28, 2021, 02:32 PM
RE: seems a pity not to take a chance - by Ruenna - January 04, 2022, 10:36 AM