Moonspear shrimps is bugs
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,991 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Fennec requested honesty. Meerkat nodded yet again, then remembered herself and touched her sister’s shoulder in assent. She didn’t say anything, her silence inviting Fen to say what was on her mind.

Fig had decided not to stay at Moonspear, which probably wasn’t intended as a personal slight to any of the Redhawks living here. But he’d evidently left his litter mate with a cryptic implication to the contrary. Meerkat’s lips twisted into a thoughtful frown. Had he really done that or had Fennec perhaps misunderstood and taken an innocent statement the wrong way? Oh…

She sensed more to come and remained mum, Fennec’s nervous energy prompting her to shift her weight as the next bit of venting released like pressurized steam. Fen insisted Fig didn’t want to hear anything negative. Now Meerkat bit her lip, reminding herself that her sister didn’t want her to sugarcoat her feedback.

Meerkat didn’t want to jeopardize the bond they’d managed to form and foster, though she wondered if Fennec would be more likely to break it if she spoke frankly or if she didn’t. That was the thing with her older sister: sometimes, it was very difficult to word things in a way that wouldn’t backfire. Fen tended to take things the worst possible way sometimes.

Please don’t hate me for saying this, she prefaced, cringing a little, but sometimes it seems like you’re determined to take everything the wrong way. I don’t think you’re an idiot but I do think you’re pessimistic to an extreme sometimes. And that kind of cynicism can be hard to deal with or even just be around. You feel like you have to walk on eggshells all the time or just not say anything at all. Maybe Fig doesn’t have the bandwidth to deal with walking in your minefield. But I do, so I’ll be that asshole and say it to your face… but only because I care about you, Fen, and she’d asked for honesty.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
shrimps is bugs - by Meerkat - May 25, 2023, 12:35 PM
RE: shrimps is bugs - by Fennec - May 28, 2023, 09:01 AM
RE: shrimps is bugs - by Meerkat - May 29, 2023, 09:38 AM
RE: shrimps is bugs - by Fennec - June 02, 2023, 08:25 AM
RE: shrimps is bugs - by Meerkat - June 02, 2023, 09:51 AM
RE: shrimps is bugs - by Fennec - June 06, 2023, 06:19 AM
RE: shrimps is bugs - by Meerkat - June 06, 2023, 09:34 AM
RE: shrimps is bugs - by Fennec - June 06, 2023, 10:55 PM
RE: shrimps is bugs - by Meerkat - June 07, 2023, 09:13 AM
RE: shrimps is bugs - by Fennec - June 07, 2023, 09:39 AM
RE: shrimps is bugs - by Meerkat - June 07, 2023, 09:54 AM