Moonspear shrimps is bugs
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,981 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Fennec laughed, which made Meerkat’s ears sweep back uncertainly. She could feel her heart pounding against her ribs, this exchange really making her anxious. But her sister thanked her for her honesty, leading the counselor to let out a whoosh of breath she’d been holding.

She braced herself again when Fen said the word “argue,” her ears pricking again to catch every word. She weighed them. Meerkat thought she could understand Fennec’s point of view, though she wondered if her sister really understand how much easier that was said than done.

That’s fair, Meerkat said slowly, but have you ever heard of giving anyone the benefit of the doubt? If you stop assuming the worst and take everyone at face value, it may make you seem more approachable… so that others may open up to you more. She paused. I think it’s just become a vicious cycle, where all you want is for everyone to be honest but there’s this precedent now where they’re so afraid of how you might react, they clam up or—what was it she’d said?—tiptoe around you.

She wasn’t entirely sure she was articulating herself well, though she hoped that made some kind of sense to Fennec. Her lips twitched into a nervous smile as she realized she was speaking about herself as much as anyone else. Her heart was still thudding against her breastbone out of fear that Fennec would take her words poorly. But it would’ve been more dangerous not to say these things, after all. It had been hard to spit out the ugly truth, though Meerkat was suddenly very glad she’d done it. The truth really will set you free.

You are a lot, she agreed with a huff of laughter and a slight touch of her nose to a pale shoulder, but it’s rewarding, getting to know you better. I know you probably won’t appreciate the metaphor or the sentimentality here… but you’re a tough nut to crack. And when you try to break through your shell, you risk cutting yourself on all the sharp pieces. But there’s something worthwhile in there: a friend who you can be damn sure will stab you in the front, never in the back.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
shrimps is bugs - by Meerkat - May 25, 2023, 12:35 PM
RE: shrimps is bugs - by Fennec - May 28, 2023, 09:01 AM
RE: shrimps is bugs - by Meerkat - May 29, 2023, 09:38 AM
RE: shrimps is bugs - by Fennec - June 02, 2023, 08:25 AM
RE: shrimps is bugs - by Meerkat - June 02, 2023, 09:51 AM
RE: shrimps is bugs - by Fennec - June 06, 2023, 06:19 AM
RE: shrimps is bugs - by Meerkat - June 06, 2023, 09:34 AM
RE: shrimps is bugs - by Fennec - June 06, 2023, 10:55 PM
RE: shrimps is bugs - by Meerkat - June 07, 2023, 09:13 AM
RE: shrimps is bugs - by Fennec - June 07, 2023, 09:39 AM
RE: shrimps is bugs - by Meerkat - June 07, 2023, 09:54 AM