Noctisardor Bypass kids are sad, the sky is blue, there are monsters in the spare bedroom
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,291 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
met at once with druid's admission of fear, heda was captured by the fact that she did not share this terror of glaukos, and never had. she refused to let the lid jump off the proverbial chamber pot of resentful thoughts around the bearwolf, and only listened to her sister as objectively as she could.
she said nothing as druid commented on her own contributions, only reaching to clasp their paws together in a familiar way. it had been her role, heda felt; leaving druid to deal with pups alone went against every instinct of wolf and woman that she possessed, not to mention her sense of familial kinship with those puppies themselves. she was their auntie and second mother; she wanted to be that.
"i didn't expect his violence, druid," heda said at last, and honestly. "and i don't think he did either. maybe that's why he came back. he clearly — doesn't know how to apologize. but he lost something when he did that to anselm and etienne and you. he's just seeing it now, maybe, when it's too late. i know you just had an arrangement? but — things change."