Frogspawn Swamp I was the lightning before the thunder
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
When Roz asked, she hadn't realized she was inviting herself to the girl's life story.  She opened her mouth to stop her, then closed it.... what better did she have to do? They were stuck in the rain.

She listened as she detailed life with her family.  It was a life Rosalyn couldn't relate to... she'd never known her father, nor really her siblings, well enough to feel that competition.  And obviously, if her mother had thought her a flower, it hadn't been as her flower.  That thought almost made her chuckle out loud, but she suppressed it in time.  Didn't really fit the mood.

"And all that's.... bad?" She asked, honestly a little confused.  "I mean, the avoiding sounds terrible.  But the support and the pushing... isn't that what ye want?  In some measure."  She shrugged.  "I'm no expert in family affairs, but sounds to me that ye got the right idea outta it."    Stand on your own, don't expect anything from anyone else, and that's how you get through alone.
Messages In This Thread
I was the lightning before the thunder - by Rosalyn - May 18, 2018, 12:59 AM
RE: I was the lightning before the thunder - by Rosalyn - May 30, 2018, 10:05 AM