Fairspell Meadow you were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Maegi was already normally anti-violence against children, so the young man would have had a receptive audience no matter when he found her. But so soon after Anansi. . . She felt her blood begin to boil, her hackles rising without her volition. A growl rattled in her throat, her irritation shifting to anger and from the stranger to this dark-headed woman. Child hurter.

I'm really sorry, she said, the words sharp but sincere. You're right—harming the innocent is unspeakable. And she'll hopefully pay for what she did. I'll try to make sure of that when I see her next.

She almost disclosed the story of her injury, the frightful moments with Molag Bal atop that mountain, his fangs cutting into her youthful flesh. But she didn't, because it didn't matter; they were both on the same page. No need to give away the secrets of the soul when there was no doubt.

Her brows drew together as she began to put together puzzle pieces in her mind, taking bits from what Vaati had said and her conversation with the woman. I think she might live in a pack called Rusalka, Maegi said, and thought of Scarab, her stomach plunging. Jaes, she couldn't let the boy into her clutches!

Hopefully the information she gave the young man would be helpful. The two eventually parted, with Maegi's mind lingering on Rusalka, Scarab, and a woman who'd dare to hurt children.
Messages In This Thread
RE: you were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom - by Maegi - October 15, 2019, 06:32 PM