Blackfeather Woods Draw me not without reason; sheath me not without honour.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
She hadn't exactly been avoiding Venamis, if that's what he was hoping for. No, the deaths of her sons had merely pushed her away, away from everyone. Scarab was easiest to speak to, after they'd shared their darkest moments with each other on the voyage to Rusalka. And Mou's company, of course, was always welcome, even if it was silent. And her co-leaders. . .leader? Jakoul had been scarce, lately. Moonshadow was still new.

But it was none of these wolves but Venamis that appeared on the path ahead, heading at an angle toward her. Grimly remembering their last interaction, Maegi was tempted to walk on by without a second glance—but damn it. She had to take the high road, here. She was the adult. The leader.

Jaes, it had been so much easier to be a selfish child.

Venamis, she chuffed in greeting, her manner casual and easy. He could blow past her if he wished and she wouldn't care; he could curse at her and she'd have words, but ultimately wouldn't care; the truth was that she didn't really care about anything, these days: so have at it, you little shit.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Draw me not without reason; sheath me not without honour. - by Maegi - November 18, 2019, 05:47 PM