Blacktail Deer Plateau I want reasons to stay
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Rosalyn stood and took it in, allowing Raleska the time against her to compose herself into something capable of speech.  She wasn't uncomfortable with emotion; though she preferred not to break down herself, it wasn't unnatural for her.  Empathy came easily when it was her family who brought it.

When Raleska finally managed to say it, Rosalyn immediately felt her hatred of the witch in double measure.  She didn't know how Raleska had found out, but she didn't doubt this was some final revenge from the siren.  Allow her daughter to see what betrayal had "cost", when in reality the woman did not deserve a child like Raleska to begin with.  This guild was misplaced, and as far as Rosalyn saw, Caiaphas had gotten exactly what she sought.  She'd flirted with death too many times to claim innocence.

She held her tongue in all of this, knowing the cuts were too raw right now.  Gods, it was hard not to say it.  The unspoken words curdled on her tongue.

It isn't.  she finally settled on, pulling back slightly to look at Raleska.  If you need to blame anyone, then blame me.  I will stand by that decision.  Even though I know you cannot, right now, she thought.

She could have fought for it.  It was always on her terms or not at all, Rosalyn added, a little quieter.  She wouldn't have allowed her to stay, but she hadn't chased her from the area.  She could have remained nearby, joined any other pack, chosen to make a new life.  Instead she'd obviously gotten herself killed, and the blame for that lay in one place.
Messages In This Thread
I want reasons to stay - by Rosalyn - January 18, 2020, 03:52 PM
RE: I want reasons to stay - by Raleska - January 18, 2020, 09:21 PM
RE: I want reasons to stay - by Rosalyn - January 20, 2020, 10:44 AM
RE: I want reasons to stay - by Raleska - January 24, 2020, 03:47 PM
RE: I want reasons to stay - by Rosalyn - January 24, 2020, 08:40 PM
RE: I want reasons to stay - by Raleska - January 25, 2020, 01:03 PM
RE: I want reasons to stay - by Rosalyn - January 26, 2020, 01:01 AM
RE: I want reasons to stay - by Raleska - January 26, 2020, 04:20 PM
RE: I want reasons to stay - by Rosalyn - January 26, 2020, 10:25 PM
RE: I want reasons to stay - by Raleska - February 01, 2020, 12:13 PM
RE: I want reasons to stay - by Rosalyn - February 02, 2020, 05:46 PM