Sun Mote Copse “It never hurts to keep looking for sunshine.” —Eeyore
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,951 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Suddenly, there was a monkey on her back. Some part of Towhee knew it must be one of the kids, yet she was so groggy that she reacted by pure instinct. She jumped to her feet, which helped propel Q down her flank as if her body was a makeshift slide. She felt the mud streak down her back even as she whirled and found herself face-to-face with the two muddy buddies, all tangled together.

Meerkat was laughing as she looked up at her bewildered mother while simultaneously pushing one of Quetzal's soggy forelegs off her forehead. They were both filthy now, so was Towhee. The Regent looked a little ticked off, so Meerkat quickly gathered some of the mud off Q's face, shaping it into more of a cookie than a pie and presenting it with a cry of, "Surprise!"

She hoped it would make Towhee smile, despite the day's heartache and her interrupted nap. For a solid beat or two, she couldn't be sure, as the Regent just blinked expressionlessly. Then, slowly but surely, her lips began to twitch.

Mission: accomplished.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)