Moonspear “Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there someday.” —Winnie the Pooh
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,951 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
They retraced their route from a week or two before, Towhee trailing just behind the energetic Meerkat, letting her daughter lead the way. It not only gave the pup a sense of propriety in the task at hand, it also tested her recall. She took a few wrong turns but her mother didn't even bother guiding her, instead letting the aspiring scout discover and correct her mistakes on her own. It took a little longer this way, though they arrived at the foot of Moonspear eventually, Meerkat breathless and practically glowing with pride.

-"We're not going to call for @Hydra directly. She's a busy woman. We just want to speak to someone from the pack who can pass along a message to her. I want you to howl for attention but be polite about it. Request an audience, don't demand one. When someone comes, you give them the message. Do you remember what to say?"-

Meerkat sucked in a breath and nodded. -"I tell them I have a message for Hydra from Towhee: 'Wraen is very sick and I've taken over leadership of Firebirds.'"- She frowned a little as she repeated it back to her mother, concern for the former leader threading through her copper gaze right before she squeezed her eyes shut and tossed a howl skyward.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)