Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,975 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
"What would that look like to you?"

It was a fair enough question. Everyone had their own notions of romance, didn't they? She tried to think of what sorts of romantic gestures she might like from him. Meerkat couldn't help but think of the time when Atlas had planned a picnic for the two of them. They hadn't had many other opportunities for amorous displays and it suddenly hit her that she didn't know many couples to emulate.

His deep timbre broke into her thoughts. He pressed her for an explanation of what she wanted, as well as a timeline. The statement was followed by a sigh. Although he smiled a moment later, Meerkat got caught up in the heaviness of that sound. She skin began to feel hot and tight as something unpleasant unfurled in the pits of her stomach.

"That sounds like a... a business transaction," Meerkat whispered to herself. It also smacked of sexism, not overtly but enough to set off some alarms in the back of her mind."I want to be in love," she said a bit more loudly, "and build a life and family as equal partners in love..."

She paused for several moments to gather her thoughts before continuing, "I told you I don't need any grand romantic gestures. And I don't. But I want you to want me, to want to hold me close; and kiss me; and whisper sweet nonsense to me. I want you to tell me you love me and want to be with me and only me, forever. Is it cheesy? Yes, very. But that's what I want. No. That's what I need."

Meerkat needed to take a couple breaths before concluding, "And I told you, the last thing I want is for you to force yourself to do these things. If you don't want to do them, I need you to tell me that. You said you were holding back your feelings before. But what about now? You don't need to hold them down now anymore—you said that—so tell me how you feel about me. Don't tell me what you think I want to hear, tell me how you really feel."
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Ommatik - by Issorartuyok - December 06, 2021, 03:18 PM
RE: Ommatik - by Meerkat - December 06, 2021, 09:32 PM
RE: Ommatik - by Issorartuyok - December 07, 2021, 01:24 PM
RE: Ommatik - by Meerkat - December 07, 2021, 05:24 PM
RE: Ommatik - by Issorartuyok - December 08, 2021, 12:27 AM
RE: Ommatik - by Meerkat - December 08, 2021, 12:56 AM
RE: Ommatik - by Issorartuyok - December 08, 2021, 02:17 PM
RE: Ommatik - by Meerkat - December 08, 2021, 03:55 PM
RE: Ommatik - by Issorartuyok - December 08, 2021, 05:14 PM
RE: Ommatik - by Meerkat - December 08, 2021, 06:08 PM
RE: Ommatik - by Issorartuyok - December 16, 2021, 12:40 PM