Dragoncrest Cliffs ae dilla marjaaniyaan
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,966 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She wasn't entirely sure of the politically correct response in this exchange, though she went with a quiet, "Thank you," when Njord offered his condolences. It was a relief he hadn't known them—she didn't want to end their rendezvous with a horrible bombshell—and, to be honest, Meerkat was glad she hadn't known them better, otherwise she might really be falling to pieces right now.

Meerkat fell into thoughtful silence as the two of them left the beach, retracing their steps. Neither one of them spoke but the silence between them felt companionable, easy. As they walked in tandem, she reflected on his compliment. "The sea looks good on you." She doubted he meant anything by it, though it made her think of something she'd said to Issorartuyok. "But I want you to want me, to want to hold me close; and kiss me; and whisper sweet nonsense to me..."

When they reached the borders, he offered more words of praise. She looked at him with a slightly wondering expression on her face. He could joke all he wanted about his busted face, though Meerkat realized he was really quite handsome. She had to wonder if spending more time with him, getting to know his charming character better, had made him more attractive to her. Meerkat wasn't sure she was ready to explore this realization any further right now.

She drew in a breath and smiled. "Right back at you. You don't even know how much I needed... this." Meerkat flapped a paw at him, her smile more of fond smirk now. "I would like that. I feel like watching the sunset from the beach would be lovely. Maybe I'll swing by again in the next few weeks...?"

Hopefully she would be in a better mindset when the time came, though she refused to speculate any further about what might happen between now and then. In fact, Meerkat would force any romantic implications from this exchange out of her mind for now. She still had a lot of processing to do, without throwing her heart out there again so soon.

She gave him a brief nudge and departed with a final, fond, "I'll see you later, Njord."
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
ae dilla marjaaniyaan - by Meerkat - December 16, 2021, 04:42 PM
RE: ae dilla marjaaniyaan - by Njord - December 17, 2021, 02:10 AM
RE: ae dilla marjaaniyaan - by Meerkat - December 17, 2021, 09:48 AM
RE: ae dilla marjaaniyaan - by Njord - December 22, 2021, 12:07 AM
RE: ae dilla marjaaniyaan - by Meerkat - December 22, 2021, 12:57 AM
RE: ae dilla marjaaniyaan - by Njord - December 22, 2021, 01:42 AM
RE: ae dilla marjaaniyaan - by Meerkat - December 22, 2021, 10:12 AM
RE: ae dilla marjaaniyaan - by Njord - December 24, 2021, 02:44 AM
RE: ae dilla marjaaniyaan - by Rosalyn - December 24, 2021, 10:15 AM
RE: ae dilla marjaaniyaan - by Meerkat - December 27, 2021, 12:20 PM
RE: ae dilla marjaaniyaan - by Njord - December 27, 2021, 08:03 PM