Dragoncrest Cliffs in a tidal wave of [m]ystery
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,951 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
He seemed to appreciate her candor. Meerkat's breath hitched as she exhaled. It was hard, showing vulnerability at this crucial step, yet hearing nothing but acceptance and affection made her want to wed this man on the spot. Her lips curved at the thought and she shook her head lightly, leering at him when he said he would fight for her. She appreciated the sentiment and the look was playful, though the image of Issorartuyok and Njord fighting still turned her stomach in several different kinds of ways.

A wordless murmur escaped her mouth when Njord snuffled at her earlobe. It was surprisingly sensitive. No, that wasn't the right word. It seemed the shell of her ear was some sort of erogenous zone. Such a simple touch made her belly swoop. She felt several degrees warmer. He didn't even whisper anything, just breathed. Meerkat hadn't realized how literal her needs were here and chortled to herself.

When Njord grumbled and sat up again, she fell silent, brow furrowing as she looked at him questioningly. It was his turn to put his cards on the table. Heart thudding, Meerkat leaned in as she listened. Hearing that he'd been intimate with Erzulie stirred an unbidden jealousy in her. But she wasn't exactly a blushing virgin herself, was she? Her eyes danced away for an instant before quickly returning to his face. She processed the rest of what she was being told. He was a father. He had children. Except... he kind of didn't.

"Mireille is yours," she realized in a small voice. Meerkat realized she wanted to learn about the others. How many were they? What were their names? Her interest was partly jealousy, of course, but these were wolves that meant so very much to Njord. And he meant a lot to her, so they were important to her too. But it was more than that. Meerkat understood. She had grown up in an unorthodox arrangement herself.

"I bet you're a great dad," were the next words she spoke, eyes soft. "Do you remember the first time we met? I'd only just learned who my father was and then he passed away. I never got to know him. Of course, I had my adopted dad, who's actually my uncle, as well as two mother figures." She paused, shaking her head. "Point being, I'm no stranger to unusual family dynamics. And those kids are lucky to have you as part of their life," especially since it was so hard on him.

The cry of some seabird caught her attention for a heartbeat. Meerkat looked skyward, then quickly dropped her eyes back to Njord's face to tell him, "It changes nothing, Njord." She smiled before continuing, "I do think I'm interested in a slightly more  traditional arrangement..." There was a bit of a mischievous look in her eye now, though her quick breath betrayed some nerves too. "Meaning... I'd like to make babies with you someday."
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
in a tidal wave of [m]ystery - by Meerkat - January 06, 2022, 01:27 PM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Njord - January 06, 2022, 05:56 PM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Meerkat - January 06, 2022, 06:15 PM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Njord - January 06, 2022, 10:16 PM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Meerkat - January 06, 2022, 11:29 PM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Njord - January 09, 2022, 05:13 PM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Meerkat - January 09, 2022, 08:53 PM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Njord - January 10, 2022, 01:06 AM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Meerkat - January 10, 2022, 10:03 AM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Njord - January 10, 2022, 05:47 PM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Meerkat - January 10, 2022, 06:50 PM