Dragoncrest Cliffs Till my dying day
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
It occurred to Rosalyn belatedly that she had opened a door for Jorunn and then stepped in front, delaying her before she could enter it. The woman didn't seem bothered, but Rosalyn noted it anyway. Perhaps she shouldn't keep her long.

I was. The mental correction was automatic. It felt needlessly morose to say the words out loud, but the distinction was heavy, especially in the latter title. She was certainly no traveler now.

This question was harder than she expected. Rosalyn was silent for a moment, searching for any moments that stood out, any stories that she remembered well enough to be worth telling. Past Sapphique, and even partially within it, most things were fragmented. Portions missing, things out of line... but there had been moments.

She no longer remembered the pack's name, it's founding or its members... but she remembered the bear. I can tell you the story of our first pack, how it fell and how we came to be here. It is not a happy story, but it has a better ending. Clearly - Sapphique was the eventual outcome. Everything they had suffered had led to this.

She spent the next length of time speaking about their struggle against the bear and her wife's bravery (and skill) alongside her. The search for a new home, then the founding of a new pack. The name came from somewhere. Rusalka. A pack that eventually would become Sapphique, when the men were cast down and the cliffs were claimed.

While vague in parts, it was mostly true. After she told it, she would share a bit more time in the woman's company, then excuse herself with a smile... freeing Jorunn to go seek others.

fading here, if you like! They'll have to have another sometime for sure <3
Messages In This Thread
Till my dying day - by Rosalyn - April 16, 2022, 07:56 AM
RE: Till my dying day - by Jorunn - April 16, 2022, 01:10 PM
RE: Till my dying day - by Rosalyn - April 17, 2022, 10:08 AM
RE: Till my dying day - by Jorunn - April 17, 2022, 10:22 AM
RE: Till my dying day - by Rosalyn - April 17, 2022, 10:36 AM
RE: Till my dying day - by Jorunn - April 17, 2022, 10:57 AM
RE: Till my dying day - by Rosalyn - April 17, 2022, 11:29 AM
RE: Till my dying day - by Jorunn - April 17, 2022, 12:12 PM
RE: Till my dying day - by Rosalyn - April 17, 2022, 02:33 PM
RE: Till my dying day - by Jorunn - April 17, 2022, 02:48 PM