Dragoncrest Cliffs this is a modern fairy tale
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,952 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She bowed her head, though it snapped upward when rather than accept her apology, her husband rumbled at her again. Meerkat blinked dumbly as he shouted about graves, that word immediately transporting her back in time. Her heart sank like a stone when Njord moved in an agitated fashion very reminiscent of Atlas.

Meerkat remembered going shaky that night as the same thing happened now. Her limbs felt jellylike as she tried to think of how she was meant to react. Njord sounded so much angrier than Atlas, though there was that edge of panic. And Meerkat knew Njord in a way she had never had the chance to know her first husband.

Yes, she answered, not entirely sure he wanted her honest answer. I held my dear friend Toad’s hand as she passed after being mauled by a bear, Meerkat whispered. It killed many of my other pack mates. I know the same happened here. I know, mo chride.

They were both upset about the bear attack, she told herself. Njord wasn’t really angry with her. He was beside himself, worried about their son. She closed her leaking eyes, trembling in earnest, and held her breath. She just hoped his invective would soon run its course.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
this is a modern fairy tale - by Meerkat - January 09, 2023, 02:26 PM
RE: this is a modern fairy tale - by Njord - January 09, 2023, 08:42 PM
RE: this is a modern fairy tale - by Meerkat - January 09, 2023, 08:59 PM
RE: this is a modern fairy tale - by Njord - January 09, 2023, 09:42 PM
RE: this is a modern fairy tale - by Meerkat - January 09, 2023, 10:12 PM
RE: this is a modern fairy tale - by Njord - January 09, 2023, 11:06 PM
RE: this is a modern fairy tale - by Meerkat - January 09, 2023, 11:25 PM
RE: this is a modern fairy tale - by Njord - January 14, 2023, 03:38 PM
RE: this is a modern fairy tale - by Meerkat - January 14, 2023, 04:10 PM
RE: this is a modern fairy tale - by Njord - January 14, 2023, 05:23 PM