Ankyra Sound Lay down my bones knowing I'll be in a better place
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Private 
I figured this would be a fun spot if they were gonna stop <3 I can also open this up if you like! But private for now

All the way home, @Val was steadfast. His quiet assuredness, and her own exhaustion, kept her in a calm sort of stupor as they made slow progress, but when they reached the boundary of the sound she could go no further without stopping. She would need to eat soon or she wouldn’t last much longer either way.

She was asleep almost the instant she stumbled into the shelter of the stone cliffs, restlessly falling into dreams that quickly twisted to nightmare.

Raleska, grinning at her, a hollow skull with those beloved, and cursed, glowing yellow eyes. Another behind her in the shadow… a witch. The cream pelt twisting, the face leering, until it was not the sea witch but instead her wife who jeered at her from the darkness. There was no sound, but still her words cut the pirate to the bone.

Now you know what it is to lose everything.

She didn’t know which of them spoke. It was again the leering face of Caiaphas that glared, her wicked smile full of triumph. Raleska alongside, ruined skull laughing, joined by a chorus of others alongside. They all saw her for what she was.

She woke with a cry that she stifled, shoving her muzzle beneath her forelegs. No….. she wouldn’t. Despite the insistence, she couldn’t stop the sobs that overtook her.

Her wife would never betray her. But the knife of her absence, in that moment, was the only truth she had.
Messages In This Thread
Lay down my bones knowing I'll be in a better place - by Rosalyn - February 17, 2023, 09:09 AM