Lion Head Mesa royal falcon flown unto the sun
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
633 Posts
Ooc — anon
she had been here before. so many months ago now, but the stretch of time felt like years. she had been small, walking near the feet of others, enchanted by the songs of the priests even then. and then, as she was now, she sang. the words rang clear, and her eyes were wet from their tears.
Toula could hear the song of her father in the drumbeat of their steps. and she sang to its tune, though provided different verses, her voice unwavering:

you are anointed with oil
your steps are light
go now to the land of reeds
i will not forget your lessons
i will not forget your love
Ra waits to embrace you
Osiris welcomes you
i will wait to be by your side once more
i will join you in the land of the dead one day
we will remember you as a god
when the river is high we all will remember your greatness
and how it was you who made us

it was Toula now who waded ankle deep in these waters. cold and biting, today, but the dark cloak of bearfur, and her grief, warmed her. Toula ascended the steps, near blind to those beside her—even as they took care to hold her dark, furred cape—now at the peak of her own grief. but this was not goodbye; it gave her much peace.
as Ramesses once had his own loved ones, Toula watched her father be lowered below. @Tuna passed her a bauble. it was a token of protection for her father to take with him, and she placed it where she knew it would go with him, and then she spoke:
goodbye, father. we will see one another again. you shall never be forgotten, nor all that you have built. your divinity continues; here is a place God rests, and as then for her father, an asp slithered over her paw. she felt it a sign of his presence. Toula remained still, lifting her head and peering to Senmut, feeling very good that this place was still so protected—but suddenly, also very tired.
still she stood tall. she was hemet-nekheb now.

poem to eb<3
Messages In This Thread
royal falcon flown unto the sun - by Senmut - April 27, 2023, 08:25 PM
RE: royal falcon flown unto the sun - by Toula - April 29, 2023, 12:00 PM
RE: royal falcon flown unto the sun - by Tuna - April 29, 2023, 10:30 PM
RE: royal falcon flown unto the sun - by Naberius - April 30, 2023, 11:19 AM
RE: royal falcon flown unto the sun - by Akhtar - May 04, 2023, 09:46 PM
RE: royal falcon flown unto the sun - by Gucci - June 23, 2023, 03:36 PM