Wheeling Gull Isle better place
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
For some reason, he hadn’t expected Judah to cry. He’d been so stoic before. But the sight of his tears destroyed Caracal. Combined with his words, the man suddenly found himself on the verge of a total emotional meltdown. With a sob, he reached out and wrapped his forelegs around his son’s neck.

I don’t deserve that, he wept into Judah’s ruff, directly contrasting his previous inner monologue. I don’t deserve you.

He clung to his son, crying and shaking, then took a moment to gather himself. Caracal pulled back only slightly, legs still slung around slim gray shoulders.

And you don’t deserve this, he whispered. I love you so much for it, Ju, but you’re too young to carry this burden. I want you to be with your mom, your brothers and sisters. I know you don’t want to leave this place, that it might scare you, but Ju…
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
better place - by Caracal - October 06, 2023, 08:40 AM
RE: better place - by Judah - October 06, 2023, 09:04 AM
RE: better place - by Caracal - October 06, 2023, 09:20 AM
RE: better place - by Judah - October 06, 2023, 09:25 AM
RE: better place - by Caracal - October 06, 2023, 09:38 AM
RE: better place - by Judah - October 06, 2023, 09:45 AM
RE: better place - by Caracal - October 06, 2023, 09:52 AM
RE: better place - by Judah - October 06, 2023, 09:58 AM
RE: better place - by Caracal - October 06, 2023, 10:08 AM
RE: better place - by Judah - October 06, 2023, 10:11 AM