Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,966 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
After spending a day catching up with everyone on Moonspear—namely @Orca II and @Seal—and passing along open invitations to visit them at the copse, it was time to head home. Meerkat smiled over that word as they climbed down the mountainside. She really, truly hoped the copse would be her first and her last.

She and @Njord reached the foot of the mount and found themselves crossing paths with Towhee. Meerkat’s eyes lit up at the sight of her mother, eager to tell her where they were going and invite her along. But then she saw the look on her mother’s face.

Several hours later, the trio made it back to the copse. While her mate hung back to perform a border sweep, Meerkat walked her mother to the place where she and Njord had been sleeping until they found a proper ulaq for themselves. She didn’t leave Towhee’s side until she fell asleep, then only departed reluctantly to fetch something to eat.

She thought of her younger brother as she walked slowly through the foggy woods. It was hard to believe such a goofy, loving man was dead. Her eyes began to mist as she thought of Caracal’s poor family, mentally willing @Heda and the remaining children to somehow find their way here.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
athough it’s dark now, i know we’re gonna make it to sunrise - by Meerkat - October 18, 2023, 08:27 AM