Stavanger Bay Waking the lions in me
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
I'm gonna assume that erryoen is here, still feel free to hop in @Slick @Engel!  Unless there's an explicit reason they wouldn't be here, in which case, let me know <3

She waited for all to arrive, Zigzag first with a cheerful grin by way of greeting.  Rosalyn nodded back, her own spirits lifting as more and more came, each with at least casual recognition.  Despite the former Captain's departure, they were still a number, and had a chance to continue thriving on the strand.  If she could only hold them together.. no small order.

At least she wasn't alone in this.  She winked back at Raptor as he sat beside her, glad to see he was retaining some of the fire he'd shown when they'd spoken before.  She needed him at least in some manner of participation, and he seemed to be willing now that his responsibilities had shifted.  If not in scale, then at least in breadth.  And Erzulie earned a lingering glance in return.  She didn't motion for her to come forward; though she would have liked to have felt her nearness, perhaps it was best not to be distracted by that right now.  

She took a deep breath, then addressed them all, hoping none would take issue with the words.  She'd put her soul into this crew, more than any since that first, and she would not watch it crumble because of this.  "I'm sure many of you have heard, but Smokestep has left to search for Sandpiper, who is missing.  He's left the running of things to me, with Raptor as my new First Mate and Erzulie as Quartermaster.  If you have any questions, we are here to answer them."

She glanced at them, then smiled.  "That comes with a couple changes.  I know he was big on chasin deserters, but that isn't a priority for me.  If a wolf wants to leave, then that's their mistake, and it means their loyalty wasn't here.  If they come back, I'm not lookin to stop you from takin a piece, but I don't like wastin my time on those not worth it.  A crew should be a family, not a life sentence."  She lifted her head to see how they reacted to that, then gained a bit of a devilish gleam to her gaze.  Now the fun part.

"And I've been thinkin... it might be time to have a bit of fun.  We're pirates, after all.  Lots of packs around here, with some sport to be had if we want to do a raid or two."  Here she paused.  She wanted to get a reaction to this news before she spoke on the rules to follow.  Sittin here doin nothing wasn't the worst of lives, and if the crew didn't want to raid, she wouldn't force them.  Yet if they did it in the spirit of the rogues she knew some were, there could be a hell of a time to be had.
Messages In This Thread
Waking the lions in me - by Rosalyn - July 03, 2018, 09:24 AM
RE: Waking the lions in me - by Zodiac - July 03, 2018, 09:27 PM
RE: Waking the lions in me - by Julep - July 04, 2018, 11:07 PM
RE: Waking the lions in me - by Godot - July 05, 2018, 01:58 AM
RE: Waking the lions in me - by Raptor - July 05, 2018, 07:08 PM
RE: Waking the lions in me - by Erzulie - July 07, 2018, 07:35 PM
RE: Waking the lions in me - by Rosalyn - July 08, 2018, 12:48 PM
RE: Waking the lions in me - by Zodiac - July 08, 2018, 11:19 PM
RE: Waking the lions in me - by Raptor - July 11, 2018, 11:37 AM
RE: Waking the lions in me - by Julep - July 12, 2018, 04:52 PM
RE: Waking the lions in me - by Godot - July 15, 2018, 08:15 PM