Blackfeather Woods and there is time to kill today
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
All Welcome 
@Mou <3

A shrine to Peryite. The rotting carcass of a mouse untouched, left to waste at the bottom of a cache. There were maggots in it, and Maegi had wanted to vomit even dragging it here--but she thought it would be a suitable offering to the god for whom she'd been named. She placed it in front of the Altar instead of on top of it, afraid to soil the sacred place.

She stepped back, bowing her head in solemn prayer, and began to speak:

"Peryite, lord of the plague, bringer of death
Receive my prayer,
Cast a plague upon my enemies
And your love upon the scorned,
For I, Maegi, am your devoted servant
Forever and for always."

She had composed it upon the island, but it held more weight here, among the daedra. Their voices hummed and whispered in her mind, one louder than the rest. That sly, sinister tone--she knew it was Peryite, she knew she was heard. Her lips curved in a faint smile, and she dipped her nose toward the mouse, breathing shallowly through her mouth.

"I bring to you this offering, O Peryite," she declared softly. "May it please you."

A maggot emerged from the tiny eyelid, writhing in senseless bliss.
Messages In This Thread
and there is time to kill today - by Maegi - September 28, 2018, 07:45 PM
RE: and there is time to kill today - by Titmouse (Ghost) - September 29, 2018, 12:54 PM
RE: and there is time to kill today - by Maegi - September 29, 2018, 01:55 PM
RE: and there is time to kill today - by Titmouse (Ghost) - September 29, 2018, 07:16 PM
RE: and there is time to kill today - by Maegi - September 29, 2018, 09:57 PM
RE: and there is time to kill today - by Titmouse (Ghost) - September 29, 2018, 10:51 PM
RE: and there is time to kill today - by Maegi - September 29, 2018, 10:59 PM
RE: and there is time to kill today - by Titmouse (Ghost) - September 29, 2018, 11:34 PM
RE: and there is time to kill today - by Maegi - September 30, 2018, 12:02 AM
RE: and there is time to kill today - by Titmouse (Ghost) - September 30, 2018, 12:19 AM
RE: and there is time to kill today - by Maegi - September 30, 2018, 01:54 PM