Blackfeather Woods and there is time to kill today
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Goat? Maegi's face scrunched in confusion, staring at him. He was sluggish anyhow, the familiar haze of poppies clouding his eyes. Probably in some pain, then, unless he just wanted to feel numb, like she sometimes did. Sighing, she pressed her muzzle into his shoulder, gently, pulling back when he asked his question (and lurching forward herself, so as to block the fall that never came).

"A gift for Peryite," she said proudly, smiling once more. "Peryite is the god I'm named for; Peryite is pestilence and plague, ruler of ugly things. Broken things. Like me. . .like us." Her voice grew soft near the end, gaze returning to his face. She needed him to know that she didn't love him in spite of his flaws, she loved him because of them, and so much more, too.

She blinked slowly, wishing she had a poppy or two herself. "There are many gods that watch over our forest," she explained. "Mephala and Sithis rule over them. But they are the Night Mother and Dread Father--and since I've never had a mother or father myself, it seems weird to worship the idea. So Peryite it is," she finished, dipping her muzzle at the rotten carcass, which had attracted a small swarm of flies.
Messages In This Thread
and there is time to kill today - by Maegi - September 28, 2018, 07:45 PM
RE: and there is time to kill today - by Titmouse (Ghost) - September 29, 2018, 12:54 PM
RE: and there is time to kill today - by Maegi - September 29, 2018, 01:55 PM
RE: and there is time to kill today - by Titmouse (Ghost) - September 29, 2018, 07:16 PM
RE: and there is time to kill today - by Maegi - September 29, 2018, 09:57 PM
RE: and there is time to kill today - by Titmouse (Ghost) - September 29, 2018, 10:51 PM
RE: and there is time to kill today - by Maegi - September 29, 2018, 10:59 PM
RE: and there is time to kill today - by Titmouse (Ghost) - September 29, 2018, 11:34 PM
RE: and there is time to kill today - by Maegi - September 30, 2018, 12:02 AM
RE: and there is time to kill today - by Titmouse (Ghost) - September 30, 2018, 12:19 AM
RE: and there is time to kill today - by Maegi - September 30, 2018, 01:54 PM