Blackfeather Woods and there is time to kill today
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
ahhhhh thank you for the kudos darling!!

She was delighted that he wanted to learn, and settled down beside him, trying to think of where to start. She knew many short verses to Mephala, sure. . .but Sithis was Mou's chosen god, and he must know prayers for him. Even if he didn't say them out loud: the knowledge of them would surely suffice.

"I don't know many prayers to Sithis, actually," she admitted sheepishly, casting her eyes downward. "I don't know many prayers at all. I left in the midst of my training. But let me see. . ."

She fell silent with a small hum, trying to summon the words to the forefront of her mind. Paused, eyes narrowed in concentration. Then her lips parted and she spoke:

"Sithis, Bless us for your cause
Make ready your wrath,
For our purpose we have no pause,
For we battle for his wrath."

Maegi looked over at Mou. "I said that prayer on the eve of a great war between Blackfeather and our enemies," she explained. "My uncle died in that battle. Sithis took him in. . .he is with the Void, now. Perhaps we will see him, sometime." There was so much confusion surrounding everything she knew or thought she knew.

What was real? What was not? Who was living; who was dead?

These feelings had come to her on the island, but they were only magnified here, so close to the daedra. And now that Mou had chosen Sithis for a name, she felt the pull of the Void once more. The yawning, screaming emptiness that had opened up when Skullchaser had wounded her. Had she fallen in then? How many times had she died--was it just an endless cycle of death and rebirth, and she didn't even know it?
Messages In This Thread
and there is time to kill today - by Maegi - September 28, 2018, 07:45 PM
RE: and there is time to kill today - by Titmouse (Ghost) - September 29, 2018, 12:54 PM
RE: and there is time to kill today - by Maegi - September 29, 2018, 01:55 PM
RE: and there is time to kill today - by Titmouse (Ghost) - September 29, 2018, 07:16 PM
RE: and there is time to kill today - by Maegi - September 29, 2018, 09:57 PM
RE: and there is time to kill today - by Titmouse (Ghost) - September 29, 2018, 10:51 PM
RE: and there is time to kill today - by Maegi - September 29, 2018, 10:59 PM
RE: and there is time to kill today - by Titmouse (Ghost) - September 29, 2018, 11:34 PM
RE: and there is time to kill today - by Maegi - September 30, 2018, 12:02 AM
RE: and there is time to kill today - by Titmouse (Ghost) - September 30, 2018, 12:19 AM
RE: and there is time to kill today - by Maegi - September 30, 2018, 01:54 PM