Blackfeather Woods awaiting the sensation of a short, sharp shock
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
If there was one thing that could have made her mood worse, it was certainly being compared to Vaati. Maegi bristled, then, but tried to keep her cool; lucky that it was Ramsay on the receiving end of her ire and not anyone else, or they might have gotten teeth rather than barbed words. I'm not trying to sound like Vaati, she snapped. I get being held accountable—but this is different. None of us but Abraxas seem to think that Mou did anything wrong.

Her jaw clenched tighter as she began to think to herself, contemplating her brother's question. Gods, I don't know, Maegi responded, clearly exasperated. I guess. . .I'll handle it. Try to keep Mou away from whatever he ate that caused him to go crazy. Maybe talk to Abraxas, see why the crows are so important to him. But as for a punishment—

She laughed, then; a sound without humor, but clearly a sardonic bark that rang off the trees around them. It's so stupid, she said childishly, rolling her eyes. I don't know. I suppose I'll think of something.

There was no better illustration of her deficiencies as a leader than this. She might have been decisive in any other situation, but when it came to Mou, Maegi felt utterly stuck. He truly was her Achilles' heel, and she his.
Messages In This Thread
RE: awaiting the sensation of a short, sharp shock - by Maegi - April 27, 2019, 01:56 AM