Blackfeather Woods It’ll be alright.
Morningsong
Mother
389 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Dated for tomorrow. Sorry it's really short.

Minnow was debating this for a while and she really did appreciate the hospitality but what she wanted most was her family and the young wolf had one last shot at where they were and today she searched for @Maegi. The conversation was playing on repeat.

She held a rabbit in her jaws as she did so; trekking through the forest. She knew she probably should of ate the rabbit herself but she felt that she had to repay them somehow and despite it being small; Minnow was proud of herself however.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
She was making her usual rounds when she came upon the young pale wolf; smiling, Maegi altered her course and headed that way. Well done, she murmured, nodding toward the rabbit in her jaws. Minnow was a fine huntress, it seemed. She would not starve here, nor anywhere, or so it would appear.

How are you settling in? she asked. She'd scarcely seen the girl. Then again, she had scarcely seen anyone lately. Like shadows passing in the night. Nothing felt real these days.
Morningsong
Mother
389 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
She had found her and smiled at her and was happy that she was congratulated; she hadn't heard those words in a while and it made her feel better about herself. "Thank you." She finally had gotten comfortable with talking. "I'm doing okay; I miss my family a lot."
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Understandable; Maegi had been in the girl's paws before, somewhat, and could empathize entirely. Of course, she murmured, settling back on her haunches. She cocked her head. Tell me about your family, she gently prompted, a serene smile on her face. Only for it to fade, slightly, as she added, Of course, you don't have to if you don't want.

But perhaps the recollection would be a benefit to both of them. Maegi could learn more about the wolves she sought, and Minnow could get her longing off her chest. She remained silent, waiting for the young lady to speak (or not; she was fine either way).
Morningsong
Mother
389 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
She wanted to know about her family; it confused her slightly but it seemed an okay question. "I don't know much of my mother; she died recently but when I was younger I was taken I was too young to remember but I remember the location; my daddy told me about it. When we left on a trip a huge black female was burying her." She gave a drawn out sigh; it hurt to speak but not much. "My mom was a fighter and my dad a hunter. Their names were sunny and aliac."
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
She sucked in a gentle breath in sympathy as Minnow spoke of her mother's death. Maegi had felt little for her own mother, but had lost enough close family and friends (a parent included) to know that the sting never truly faded. I'm sorry to hear that, she murmured briefly, quiet enough to be lost under the girl's story.

Sunny and Aliac. Is your father still alive? Maegi asked. She assumed so, otherwise Minnow would have likely included his demise within her tale. Where was he now? She could put herself in his paws all too well: he was frantic, desperate to find his little girl. She thought of her missing trio of children and her heart felt as if it could burst. At least Minnow's recollections were somewhat of a distraction.
Morningsong
Mother
389 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
The young wolf listened to her question and all she could do was shrug her shoulders cause in truth Minnow had absolutely no idea. He could be but he could of had the same fate as her grandfather whom was supposedly crushed by the rocks that fell from the mountains when the earth shakes. "I have no clue, I mean I hope so." Was all she could say.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
I hope so, too, Maegi murmured, nodding. There was not much else to be said beyond that; she could offer her services to look for the man, but knew she had to remain here with the rest. Minnow would have to wait to reunite with whatever family she had left, unless, of course, they ended up here by some twist of fate.

Jaes, hear my prayer.

She blinked down at the rabbit once more, forcing a smile. You're a good hunter, Minnow, and a kind soul. Your family would be very proud of you—I hope you get the chance to see them again, let them know how much you've grown.

Even if it meant losing another member of her own pack. She couldn't bear to see the girl silently suffer like this.