Moonspear “Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there someday.” —Winnie the Pooh
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,973 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
When a veritable caravan of wolves arrived, Meerkat's eyes flew wide as saucers. Another wolf might have felt intimidated by the sight, yet it just made her little heart leap. The babies were here, at last! Unable to hold herself back, the pale pup let out a joyous bark as her eyes drifted from one to the next. She bowed in front of her extended family, partly out of respect but also so she could thump her forepaws and wave her tail in greeting. She welcomed it as some of them came forward to sniff noses.

Then she remembered: they were here on business and she had a very important message to convey. Eyes still sparkling, Meerkat straightened and glanced sheepishly at her mother, who looked a little tense. Meerkat's brow furrowed in question and Towhee just gestured at her with her swarthy snout. The youth nodded and returned her attention to the band of wolves, dipping her own snout and assuming a slightly soberer expression.

-"I'm so glad you came! It's nice to meet all of you,"- Meerkat began, every bit the natural diplomat. -"We came to tell you some news. Wraen was attacked by a swarm of bees and is very sick. My mom,"- she continued, pointing at her with a sandy toe mostly for the younger pups' sake, -"has taken over as Sovereign. We wanted you to know 'cause you're our family and our allies."-

Behind her, the new Sovereign blinked, lips parting. They weren't allies, not officially. Towhee had never really seen the point of such political relationships. But, well, they were sisters-in-arms, so was it really so far-fetched to think of themselves as sister packs of sorts? She said nothing, orange eyes drifting over the group before locking with Hydra's. Despite the interpersonal dramas with Wraen and Arcturus, perhaps they would agree to a formal alliance, engineered by none other than a good-natured puppy.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)