Neverwinter Forest [urgent] And the sea was a reminder,
time falls like moonlight
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
All Welcome 
"Has anyone seen my son?" Miriam called out to any, and all that would hear her. She searched for him, around the forests and in the forest, but she couldn't find him anywhere. Liliana was secluded within the den, gently praying and recovering, and perhaps during so.. Asmoses seemed to slip away. She thought he may come back, but as days turned to a week; he didn't come home.

Crystals fell from her eyes as the mother wandered, wolf to wolf, asking them all the same question, "Have you seen Asmoses?" She worried so. Miriam did notice he seemed distant, more depressed then usual, but she was so carried away by her own worried, and her daughter, she failed to see his.

A failure of a mother.

She would do anything to find him, even if it meant leaving Neverwinter to do so.
I've learned to lose you, can't afford to
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
Have you seen Asmoses? 

The worried question was thrust at her as she made her usual rounds, checking to see if everything was in order and everyone was safe and accounted for. It had become sort of her obsession—a way to feel like she had some kind of control when everything else felt so out of her control. 

She stopped in front of Miriam, concern and worry in her expression. She couldn't recall the last time she had seen the boy. I'm sorry, no I haven't seen him recently, she answered. When did you see him last? she asked. Maybe he had just wandered off and was playing somewhere close by, completely unaware of his mother's frantic searching.
Inuttuk
Common
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"Nearly a week," Miriam sobbed. Her head hung low, and her voice cracking at the rush of worry and tears, she didn't know what to do, "I can't find him. He seemed so.. Distant, so lost," her words perhaps barely audible, but she mumbled her best, "and then Liliana needed care for what happened.. I didn't notice, I didn't notice!"

284 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
henlo i am crashing

The sounds of sobs made him stray from his path. He was led to Simmik and Miriam, both of them were familiar, one he disliked. His glare never left his face, even when he saw the mother crying.

Cupid was able to catch the tail end of the conversation. Didn’t notice what? He moved his head to the side so he can see both of them with his good eye.
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
A week. That was long enough for Asmoses to get into plenty of trouble and for no one to be able to do anything about it. She noticed the tears then, and stepped forward but froze. Normally she might offer a nuzzle to comfort her, but thought of touching anyone or being touched made her nauseous. And the mention of Liliana needing care "after what happened" had her heart racing in her chest. But in the next instant, she pushed it all from her mind, to be dealt with (probably in some unhealthy way) later. Right now, her packmate needed her to have her shit together, or at least appear to have it together. Stop blaming yourself, she demanded, still unable to offer any kind of affection. You've had a lot to deal with. And she had. How anyone dealt with something so awful happening to their child, she didn't know. We can go look for him, she suggested, even though leaving the territory was the absolute last thing she wanted to do. God she wished Mal was back; she was not the right one to be dealing with this. 

She turned at Cupid's question, not having realized he was there until he spoke. Her mind was racing, and she hadn't noticed his scent or heard his approach. Asmoses is missing; possibly for a week she told him. Have you seen him recently? she asked, praying that he had.
Inuttuk
Common
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
She was a mess, an ugly mess. It was thankful that Simmik answered for Miriam, because she was sitting with her head down, utterly looking pitiful. Despite the reassurance she tried to give, she still felt like a failure. She felt like the mother didn't pay enough attention to him, because she was so focused on Liliana. She wanted to make sure her daughter was okay, and her son, falling into a reclusive state, to the point he disappeared.

Miriam looked up to Cupid in a hope.
284 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
Great. There are lunatics running around all over the place and no one bothered to keep an eye on all the pups. Now one’s missing, and even more could end up like him if they didn’t shape up. That’s a problem they really couldn’t afford right now.

I haven’t. I just got back here a few days ago. And the drama’s already started. Never a dull day here in Neverwinter

He leaned in closer to Miriam. You’re never gonna find him if you’re like this. Take a breath and calm down.
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
Miriam had searched and along her frantic movements around and within the territory she had come across Kyr. Vallkyrie, telling her she had not seen the patchy grey youth recently, had taken off into the open territory northward of their home. Out in the open, she did not see the child in any direction. She returned to the forest to seek the mother out promptly, for which she could hear her asking others within the ranks if her child had been seen. 

I didnt see him out north in the plains. I can check southward? A rhetorical question, mostly, as her pale iced eyes danced over the three wolves. She would go anywhere they willed, just give the word.
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
Cupid hadn't seen him either, which wasn't surprising considering he had been missing himself until a few days ago. He urged Miriam to calm down, had he was correct that she would be able to think better with a level head, but she didn't blame the mother for being so upset; she imagined it was hard to see reason or logic in her situation. 

Simmik turned to look at Vallkyrie as she arrived, sighing a little when the other woman stated that she had not seen the child in the plains to the north. She offered to check south, and Simmik nodded. That's a good idea. She hated the thought of leaving the territory right now, but she might not be able to avoid it. I can go check to the east, she offered. Maybe check with Kaistleoki?

She looked to Miriam and Cupid then to see if they had any issues with that.
Inuttuk
Common
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Miriam looked as if she was going into a near panic-attack, breathing heavily, and frantically. She tried to follow the advice and take deep breathes, but only started weeping instead. Dramtically, perhaps, but the maiden kneeled to the ground as she sombered. Desperation, looking at all with a hope, but none seemed to have found signs of them.

"Please find my son," Miriam whispered with a cryful.
284 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
Someone else came and proclaimed that she too had not seen the missing boy. In a perfect world, her son would come running back to the woods, and  they wouldn’t need to send out anyone. Sadly, this wasn’t a perfect world, and everything goes to shit. Now a kid was missing, and whoever went out to search for him would probably get fucked up by the neighborhood lunatics.

Miriam’s breathing grew more rapid by the moment, and at some point Cupid couldn’t just sit there and watch her suffer. Hey. Take deep breaths and come with me.
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
Miriam's words caused her ears to fold flat on her skull, as though hearing them pained her ears. She would nod to Simmik and after Cupid began trying to calm the grayscale mother down, Vallkyrie was already leaving. Swift legs carried her towards the borders and away from home, where she would send out a call to the rest of the pack that she was moving south for the child.
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
Simmik's thoughts were in a similar place as Cupid's—she was worried about what and who might all be out there. She hadn't left the territory since she returned, and she wasn't feeling very confident about doing it now, but she couldn't just leave one of their pups out there on his own. 

She watched Vallkyrie leave as Cupid tried to comfort Miriam and lead her away. She watched them only a second more before turning and leaving herself, trying to ignore the pounding of her heart against her ribs as she made her way from the safety of the borders.
Inuttuk
Common
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
The others departed from the area, and she could only hope they were helping finding Asmoses. Though Cupid, wisked her away with words to come and Miriam only followed. Her head downlow with crystals falling low, and she felt no energy to resist otherwise. Her thoughts focused on her son, and the hope he would come home.