Firefly Glen And what once was a world is a star
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,967 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
The sound of Bronco's voice made Meerkat's heart leap, only to drop like a stone. She blinked several times—her eyes were painfully dry from staring off into space the last little while—and then slowly picked up her feet. Every step worked some of the stiffness from her muscles after a morning hunched in one spot, lost in her thoughts. Her heart continued to flip and flop in her chest, vacillating between gladness upon Bronco's return and dismay over the fresh slew of bad news she would have to dump on him.

Plus, there was the uncertainty of what she should say about @Atlas. Meerkat herself didn't know where they stood, following that emotional whirlwind of an evening. Several fitful sleeps and lots of emotive processing left her very aware that they'd made a mistake. She never should've said those words, not in that particular mindset. And even though she wanted to stand by them now that her head was a little clearer, come what may, Meerkat had to admit she didn't think she was equipped to support him right now. In fact, she was rethinking her entire life's calling and future, following that fateful night.

Meerkat felt adrift as she reached the borders and saw not just her brother but her sister as well. She was still reeling from all the deaths, including the ones she'd have to inform Bronco of now: Osiris and Leta. Swallowing thickly, she plodded closer to them, drawing in a deep breath and starting with, "I'm so glad you're back." She wanted to throw herself at him but Meerkat minded his injuries and checked herself. At least she didn't feel like she was going to cry. She was almost sure she'd completely run out of tears at this point.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
And what once was a world is a star - by RIP Bronco - January 19, 2021, 01:39 PM
RE: And what once was a world is a star - by Fennec - January 19, 2021, 01:53 PM
RE: And what once was a world is a star - by Meerkat - January 19, 2021, 02:40 PM
RE: And what once was a world is a star - by RIP Bronco - January 19, 2021, 02:54 PM
RE: And what once was a world is a star - by Meerkat - January 19, 2021, 03:10 PM
RE: And what once was a world is a star - by Fennec - January 19, 2021, 05:36 PM
RE: And what once was a world is a star - by RIP Bronco - January 27, 2021, 04:11 PM
RE: And what once was a world is a star - by Meerkat - January 27, 2021, 04:36 PM
RE: And what once was a world is a star - by Fennec - January 27, 2021, 04:53 PM
RE: And what once was a world is a star - by RIP Bronco - February 15, 2021, 04:51 PM
RE: And what once was a world is a star - by Meerkat - February 16, 2021, 01:11 PM
RE: And what once was a world is a star - by Fennec - February 19, 2021, 12:43 AM
RE: And what once was a world is a star - by RIP Bronco - February 23, 2021, 05:04 PM
RE: And what once was a world is a star - by Meerkat - February 23, 2021, 08:52 PM
RE: And what once was a world is a star - by Fennec - February 28, 2021, 01:42 PM