Firefly Glen And what once was a world is a star
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,967 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She didn't mean to leave them on tenterhooks. Her lips parted to elaborate when Bronco pressed, "What do you mean?" Meerkat's eyes cut between his face and Fennec's, noting the lines etched in each. She wanted to come clean to them, though at the last second, she decided she wouldn't mention the marital exchange.

"Before I found out about Osiris and Leta, I tried to get Atlas to show me where they'd buried Toad and Desdemona. I didn't mean to but I..." Her voice went a little thick thanks to a lump in her throat. "I caused him to have some kind of breakdown. He ran off and he hasn't been seen since. I don't think..." She took a shaky breath. "I don't think he's coming back. And it's my fault."

A hot tear squeezed from the corner of her eye, wobbling before trickling down her cheek. Meerkat found she couldn't look either one in the face now, her snout turning downward to point at her toes. More tears slipped free, gliding down her muzzle to plunk silently in the snow.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
And what once was a world is a star - by RIP Bronco - January 19, 2021, 01:39 PM
RE: And what once was a world is a star - by Fennec - January 19, 2021, 01:53 PM
RE: And what once was a world is a star - by Meerkat - January 19, 2021, 02:40 PM
RE: And what once was a world is a star - by RIP Bronco - January 19, 2021, 02:54 PM
RE: And what once was a world is a star - by Meerkat - January 19, 2021, 03:10 PM
RE: And what once was a world is a star - by Fennec - January 19, 2021, 05:36 PM
RE: And what once was a world is a star - by RIP Bronco - January 27, 2021, 04:11 PM
RE: And what once was a world is a star - by Meerkat - January 27, 2021, 04:36 PM
RE: And what once was a world is a star - by Fennec - January 27, 2021, 04:53 PM
RE: And what once was a world is a star - by RIP Bronco - February 15, 2021, 04:51 PM
RE: And what once was a world is a star - by Meerkat - February 16, 2021, 01:11 PM
RE: And what once was a world is a star - by Fennec - February 19, 2021, 12:43 AM
RE: And what once was a world is a star - by RIP Bronco - February 23, 2021, 05:04 PM
RE: And what once was a world is a star - by Meerkat - February 23, 2021, 08:52 PM
RE: And what once was a world is a star - by Fennec - February 28, 2021, 01:42 PM