Wheeling Gull Isle [M] i lie awake and try to recall how your body felt beside me
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Conception 

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: here be baby makin

Maegi had staggered out of the den early this morning, feeling restless. As the hours ticked by, she grew even more so. And eventually, she became aware that something was. . .off. Not wrong, just off.

She summited the mountain at the heart of the island, perched upon one of the taller ledges. Plenty of snow had gathered here, softening any mortal peril that could be brought by ice. She was just a blip in the vast carpet of white; indeed, apart from her gray points and the gruesome exposed gum along her left cheek, she blended right in.

And that was good. All she wanted to do was hide now, and especially hide from @Mou.

That would be difficult. She knew her scent would draw him (and others, perhaps) like flies in summer. Beyond that, she did not know whether she could stop herself from reaching out. She wanted him; she wanted him badly. When push came to shove, she knew she had an obligation to push him away—but could she?

Why, Jaes? Maegi sank into the snow, lost in the drifts, panic coming over her. She was drowning, waves over her head. She felt a pull at her belly, a sick yearning and yet, yet, yet she pleaded for it to end, to stop—

You know I can't.

A gull cried overhead, but she swore it could have been Anansi's last scream, a heartbeat before the tree hit the earth.

Her heat had come, and her blood ran cold.
Messages In This Thread
[M] i lie awake and try to recall how your body felt beside me - by Maegi - February 11, 2021, 12:44 PM