Hideaway Strath But not yet, cuz it's only begun
This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
specifically for @Aerin, @Simmik and @Arlette, but AW! Set for today in The Chambers :>

It'd be a week since Nyra bedded with Charles. 
Already she was feeling an increase in appetite, and she also felt an increased sense of protectiveness over her territory and her wolves. 

This morning, Nyra went to the Chambers, her news on the top of her tongue to tell Arlette what had happened. 

And Aerin, should the Seelie be around for it. But for now, Nyra was already mentally trying to prepare to make a whelping den. For now though, she just wanted to tell someone.
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette was often in the Chambers, seeing that most of the medical stash was there. Plus she liked to hang out with the other females that often frequented the Chambers. Arlette was starting to show, and it was nice to have a confidant in Simmik where they could just chat about babies. She was actually really excited. Though she hadn't told many because she didn't want them to think to be a disappointment when she might lose them again.

Arlette looked up when Nyra entered. "Nyra!," she greeted her. Normally she was around the entrance and protecting their lands. She didn't see Nyra too often in the Chambers, or that was maybe perhaps because they frequented it on different times. Arlette smiled in greeting. "You almost look like you are looking for someone?"
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Going further into the Chambers, Nyra was met by the exact wolf she was looking to see. 

Upon Arlette's inquiry, the mammoth She-Wolf smiled in return.
"I was looking for you, and possibly Aerin... I think I'm pregnant." 

With her news in the open, the battlemaiden kinda held her breath.
Health (100/100)
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette smiled when Nyra said that she was looking for her. However, what followed she didn't expect. "What?," she blinked, almost like she hadn't heard it right. That was crazy. Nyra didn't even have a mate! Arlette quickly pushed a smile to her face though. She herself hadn't even told Nyra yet. She was starting to show a bit herself.

"Wow! Congrats! I just-- Are you certain? And, who is the father?," she dared to ask. Nyra looked really happy about it so Arlette wagged her tail. "You look happy with the news," she smiled.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
To Arlette's shocked but thrilled response, Nyra visibly unshielded, showing her true uncertainty and excitement with an almost giddy answer

"I am receptive, yes! I...I bedded with Charles. The new recruit." For once in a long time, Nyra didn't sound sure of herself. She took an opportunity and used it, but was it for the better?
Health (100/100)
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette's shock was clear on her face when she said she bred with Charles. He was like half her size and... Well... Recently joined (no pun intended here). She realized that Nyra hadn't sounded like her usual self, not as self assured and confident.

"I assume Charles and you are a not a love match?," she asked. She wished that for Nyra but was also aware that a love match was not as common as she was thought to believe. "I am happy for you, luckily there are more mother's with pups that can help raise them with you," she offered. "Does Kynareth know about you being pregnant?"

It also made Arlette realize that she and Simmik weren't the only one pregnant. Another litter. Shew wondered how sustainable so many children were. Arlette swallowed thickly as she realized a possible reason her mother's reaction to her unannounced pregnancy. Arlette realized she disliked so much competition for her children. She tried to clear her mind. "Have you carried before? You should talk to Aerin. She knows a lot about being pregnant."
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The Overseer hesitantly began to answer. 

"No...he and I are not mates, not in love. I...I took the opportunity I saw, but...I don't know if it's for b the better. As for Kynareth, no, he doesn't know yet. Though I imagine he'll know in time. I...I have, carried before, against my will, but that litter didn't survive. They were stillborn, almost unrecognizable as pups." 
Nyra sighed deeply, easing into a sit "I will talk to Aerin, too, at some point. I'm just...happy I got to have a choice this time around." She admitted with a breaking voice
Health (100/100)
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette figured as much and looked at Nyra. "Well, it is never too late for a love match. I must say. Charles seemed like a nice fellow. You should ask him if he wants to be involved," Arlette offered, he did seem to want to do better compared to his mother, after all.

Arlette nodded with compassion. "I've lost my previous litter as well. Aerin thought it was because of the trauma I suffered," she explained. She looked at Nyra with soft and caring eyes. "I'm sorry you have to go through that as well." Arlette returned.

Arlette smiled. 'Yes you did, and it means we will have pups together!," she hummed. "Though mine will be a little older."
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
With all of Arlette's words, Nyra began to cry happy and relieved tears before pulling forward to embrace the scarred Shewolf in a hug.

"I don't think I could call any other wolf besides you my sister" she whimpered, trembling softly in her sobbing
Health (100/100)
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,091 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette didn't expect the embrace but was quick to just and lean into it. She smiled softly at Nyra. It seemed she had not really worked on her trauma yet. She liked the back of her neck for comfort. "I would be honored to have such a badass sister as you," she spoke, but it also made her think of her own sister, Keen. Derg had known her, and she wondered how she was doing. Merrit also. Luckily she had a new family here, not by blood, and perhaps even a little better.

"If you ever need to talk about what happened, or the pregnancy, please do so. Maybe it will help with the pain. It did for me," she murmured, staying into the embrace.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
gonna wrap this one up! A wholesome thread was so nice! <3

Nyra hugged slightly tighter as Arlette spoke, and the warmaiden nodded softly in agreement to the request.
For now, she just wanted to enjoy her sisterhood and perhaps get some rest. 
Time would tell what became of all of this. That, she had some faith in.
Health (100/100)