Duskfire Glacier and those i can't charm
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
Private 
for @Zephyr. set directly after their conception thread; here, have a morally confused and awkward wintersbane, kek.

wintersbane takes a moment to collect himself; distancing himself as he's prone to do. he does not feel regret but there is the consideration in the aftermath when the potential consequences sneak their way into his mind demanding to be considered that wintersbane knows he cannot continue on like this. not anymore. if he was going to be a responsible father, it was high time to be a responsible alpha. the two weren't really all that separate, in truth.

though the idea of duskfire glacier being filled with the fruit of his loins is not unappealing, he also recognizes that his tendency towards promiscuity was unbalanced.

next year, he tells himself; he will put harsher restrictions on breeding season — including himself — especially himself.

he turns away from the milky glow of the glacier to look back to zephyr, drawing in a soft breath and letting it out; unsure what to say. if he should say anything at all.
in the aftermath of their coupling, zephyr feels...

very little.

there is some surprise in the fact; the wraith has come to expect a patchwork flood of emotions to accompany each physical encounter. there is precedent, after all. yet he feels only a distant, vague sort of satisfaction, grooming himself idly in the wake of their parting. when he feels wintersbane's eyes on him, he glances up with a single swish of his long tail. something on your mind? he inquires, not quite casual but lacking any real emotion; thoughtful curiosity in his voice, if anything. he has yet to realize there are any implications at all to their coupling, and so he only wonders if wintersbane has broken a promise to another with their union.
common || « french »
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
many things, wintersbane responds vaguely; not really an answer as the tundrian has no intentions of expanding upon his words. for saying that he was tightening the rules not just for himself but everyone come next season was a topic best left discussed later and when he had more time to cohesively think on it. perhaps discuss it with imaq first, who was his second-in-command ( the fact that he needs to remind himself of that leaves him with a stab of guilt ).

for a moment, he considers broaching on the topic of potential consequences but in lieu of not wanting to spook zephyr as wintersbane fears he has lane, does not draw attention to the 'might be'.

there was no need to discuss it unless it came to be, he tells himself.
the response is vague, perhaps a tad frustrating. zephyr tries to ignore the flash of irritation that accompanies wintersbane's words. there's something more pressing to discuss anyway, in light of their coupling. always too late... he tries to push the thought aside. there is something on my mind. i suppose i should've mentioned this sooner... i'm unused to living among wolves who aren't already aware, he admits, continuing without pause. i am not a woman. i may look and smell like one, but i've never been one. not truly. i consider myself a man, and prefer to be referred to as such. now it seems it is time to see exactly what wintersbane is made of, whether zephyr wants to or not.
common || « french »
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
wintersbane offers zephyr his rapt attention when the other makes note that there was something on his mind. it wasn't what the tundrian expected to hear, admittedly. the feverkissed glacier king studies zephyr for a moment, considering his words. though wintersbane does not recall coming into a situation quite like this before, he is not perturbed either way.

good to know, wintersbane drawls, breaking his contemplative silence. i apologize if i've ever used the wrong pronouns before. he doesn't recall doing so but given that he was learning of zephyr's preferences now he puts it out there just in case.

while i do not foresee any of the pack giving you issue, if any of them do tell me and i will see that it's addressed immediately.