The Heartwood You want me to stay
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,966 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She wandered afield today in search of poppy seeds. Meerkat didn't actually need painkillers—her paw felt more or less fine now—but she craved the relaxation they offered her, especially lately. She couldn't really put her finger on why but the whole situation with Bronco and the expecting Fennec made her feel... weird. She was excited for them and the prospect of nephews and nieces but, still, every time she thought about the relationship between her brother and sister, some strange emotion subsumed her.

Meerkat would like an escape from it, at least for a little bit. Her search led her toward Firefly Glen. She skirted along its eastern edge, peering into the territory without actually entering it. Even after all this time, she wasn't ready. Maybe she would never be able to return but particularly not today, when her mind was already in such an odd place.

Night fell and the weather took a turn as she approached the charred remnants of The Heartwood. She bypassed the old and rotten pumpkin patch, attracted to some red flowers blooming among the dark debris. Meerkat was no botanist but she'd learned that poppies were red. She paused over the crimson blossoms, though she saw no sign of black seeds. These must be another type of flower.

She continued walking, pausing and squinting into the misty night when a faintly familiar scent threaded through her nose.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
You want me to stay - by Santiago Arcos - May 31, 2021, 07:11 PM
RE: You want me to stay - by Meerkat - June 01, 2021, 12:01 PM
RE: You want me to stay - by Santiago Arcos - June 01, 2021, 02:38 PM
RE: You want me to stay - by Meerkat - June 01, 2021, 03:11 PM
RE: You want me to stay - by Santiago Arcos - June 01, 2021, 05:35 PM
RE: You want me to stay - by Meerkat - June 01, 2021, 06:34 PM
RE: You want me to stay - by Santiago Arcos - June 01, 2021, 07:26 PM
RE: You want me to stay - by Meerkat - June 01, 2021, 07:37 PM
RE: You want me to stay - by Santiago Arcos - June 01, 2021, 08:25 PM
RE: You want me to stay - by Meerkat - June 01, 2021, 08:39 PM
RE: You want me to stay - by Santiago Arcos - June 01, 2021, 08:59 PM