Blacktail Deer Plateau i told you i didn't want to go to this dinner
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
The first wolf to answer her call was not one she'd expected. Vesper, completely out of breath, saying. . .something—

They gone. Mama, I'm sorry.

It was the worst pain imaginable, even worse than the other children turning up missing. Flashbacks of searching for Sobek with Anansi and Sakhmet—they had been so young—too young to take this burden upon their still-small shoulders—!

Oh, Vesper, I know, Maegi whispered, bending lower to speak to her daughter face to face. It's not your fault, sweetheart. They—

Another howl split the air, one she didn't recognize. . .but one in which the message was clear.

But why was it echoing Phox's name—?

She lifted her head, only to meet the eye of her mate, looking stricken. I—it's time, she said, her voice hollow. Prevost is gone. Peregrine, too. We have to find them, but we need his help. We have to. . .

The wraith trailed off, rolling her eyes skyward. Help me, Jaes! she prayed silently, hoping this all could be resolved with minimal bloodshed and heartache. 

Not likely, chimed a mocking voice in the back of her mind.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i told you i didn't want to go to this dinner - by Maegi - June 22, 2021, 02:59 PM