Blacktail Deer Plateau i told you i didn't want to go to this dinner
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Another call. This voice she recognized, or at least she thought she did, as Phox's. But he wasn't calling for her, and she remained bewildered until he arrived with a very familiar-looking young woman in tow—

Meerkat, she managed, feeling as if all the breath had been stolen out of her. She had wanted this to be a 2-on-1 conversation, but now their numbers were even—no, they had the advantage, for Maegi's deformities and slim stature only hindered her in conflict. Her eyes briefly flashed toward Mou, then back to the pair.

Meerkat, my daughter.

The other two? The children?

It was as if time and space stood still; she could feel the earth turning under her toes, gravity pulling her stomach down, down; the call of the Void. . .

Your children, Maegi corrected. Her mouth was dry. Your children, Phox. We have been caring for the older three pups since they were born and Niamh died. No need to really get into specifics on the order of those events.

And so, there it was. She couldn't look at Vesper—she didn't want to see the girl's reality crumble within her innocent gaze. She couldn't look at Meerkat, nor Mou. She only had eyes for Phox, watching every small movement, bracing herself for sorrow, for rage, for denial. . .for all of it.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i told you i didn't want to go to this dinner - by Maegi - June 24, 2021, 03:29 PM