Blacktail Deer Plateau i told you i didn't want to go to this dinner
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Incredulity, from Phox. Maybe he really didn't remember Mou, after all, nor saw the two for what they were to his family—enemies. Denial, then. It hadn't sunk in yet. She knew she had to press the issue herself, for understanding would not come without further explanation.

She went to Yuelong, Maegi confirmed. She—

Her voice had been low enough that Meerkat was able to cut in. YOU LIED! And as her poor husband tried to explain, Maegi whirled upon the young woman, stressed enough that her already grisly face grew even more ghastly, eyes burning.

This is none of your concern! she snapped, brow furrowed in anger. I did not call for you.

Still bristling, she looked back at Phox, angry at herself now for losing composure. She came to Yuelong; she wanted nothing to do with her old pack, which presumably included you, she continued in clipped tones. She stayed for a week, and on the day the pups were born, she died.

She let out a little noise, not quite a scoff. What were we supposed to do? Maegi asked, her voice softening a little now. Niamh gave us every indication that she wanted a fresh start. And then you showed up.

Relatively calm again, now, her flare of temper subsided to a simmer: I have lost children, Phox. I would give up the whole world to see them again. And I wanted that for you—once I trusted you. Once I knew the other side of the story. Once I was sure the children would be safe and secure with you, loved by you.

And now what? Obviously they weren't safe and secure with you, for here you are, having lost two more children. You cursed woman, and your pestilent womb.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i told you i didn't want to go to this dinner - by Maegi - June 24, 2021, 08:16 PM