Blacktail Deer Plateau i told you i didn't want to go to this dinner
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Eventually, it was decided. Phox and Meerkat departed the scene, and Maegi watched them go, though her ears swiveled back to catch Vesper's tiny, innocent voice. Tears came, then, hot and fast, spilling over without warning. The day had come; it had always been on the horizon. She wondered when Phox would take her back home with him.

Just because it was the right thing to do didn't mean it was easy, damn it all.

She turned to Mou, slightly abashed at the wet tracks through her cheek fur. Caught his gesture, and looked back, and hesitated. He did tell us both to stay, Maegi replied, then sighed. After what we just told him, I don't feel inclined to go against his wishes. And, besides, I've never really been good at this 'searching for children' thing.

There was humor in that last remark, but an undeniable bitterness just beneath the surface. And she said it without a smile. She sat instead, suddenly exhausted beyond belief. Like the entire world still weighed upon her shoulders, even though the burden she'd carried was gone.

If it wasn't one thing, it was another. Always.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i told you i didn't want to go to this dinner - by Maegi - June 25, 2021, 12:52 PM