Duskfire Glacier when the summer dies
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,951 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador

She wondered if there was another scout in the ranks and whether Towhee might take it personally if she used a messenger. Before Meerkat could worry that thread too much, someone appeared. Actually, it was two somebodies. Her lips parted as her attention fell to the small pup before eventually bouncing up to the absolutely striking she-wolf accompanying him.

She didn't have to wonder if this was Tzila, Lane or Imaq. She introduced herself in a soft lilt. This was Imaq, Rye's intended. That meant this was his son, Sikuliak, or Liak for short. Meerkat felt greatly honored that Imaq had not only come but brought the child along. And, of course, it didn't hurt that the youngster was cute as a button.

"Hi there," she said brightly to both mother and son. "I'm Meerkat," she concurred with a nod. "It's so nice to meet you both. I was ho—"

A small voice cut across hers and the yearling's brown eyes immediately sought the source of the sound. They clapped upon a small, sooty puppy who declared himself to be Veta-win. Meerkat's lips curled into a smile, her tail sweeping the ground as she motioned him closer. She glanced beyond him but didn't see any sign of his mother.

"Hi! I'm Meerkat," she introduced, wondering if he belonged to Tzila or Lane. He looked a few weeks older than Sikuliak. "I'm so glad you're here. I've been wanting to meet you. Is your mother nearby?"

While she kept her eyes fixed attentively on young Veteran, Meerkat gestured for both Imaq and the two pups to come closer and gather around her. She wondered if the two young boys knew each other well. She wondered so many things and was thrilled she would get the chance to learn a lot today. And she was excited to actually meet two more of the six pups themselves, which more than made up for the other mothers' absences.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
when the summer dies - by Meerkat - August 23, 2021, 10:46 AM
RE: when the summer dies - by Imaq - August 24, 2021, 12:10 PM
RE: when the summer dies - by Lane - August 25, 2021, 11:21 AM
RE: when the summer dies - by Veteran - August 25, 2021, 11:34 AM
RE: when the summer dies - by Meerkat - August 28, 2021, 07:57 PM
RE: when the summer dies - by Sikuliak - August 30, 2021, 08:19 PM
RE: when the summer dies - by Imaq - September 01, 2021, 12:02 PM
RE: when the summer dies - by Veteran - September 02, 2021, 01:29 PM
RE: when the summer dies - by RIP Tzila - September 02, 2021, 09:51 PM
RE: when the summer dies - by Meerkat - September 02, 2021, 10:22 PM
RE: when the summer dies - by Sikuliak - September 08, 2021, 04:52 PM