Redhawk Caldera quiet on set
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
Alyx's reassurances made him feel better and worse simultaneously. Caracal blew out a breath, blinking away the tears that pricked at his eyes and threatened to resume falling. He refused to break down again. Still working on regaining his composure, he nodded and fell into step as she closed the distance to the caldera's borders.

Caracal wasn't entirely sure he could give the report, not without risking another emotional outburst. Towhee had tried to tell him how important it was for him to memorize her message and convey it to @Ruenna and the rest of the pack. His heart squeezed. He didn't actually understand much of the diagnosis itself, though he'd memorized the details. It was really the prognosis that mattered anyway. He'd learned those terms from his Aunt Rave.

They crossed into Redhawks territory and Caracal slowed, then stopped, frowning thoughtfully. He thought about calling the Sovereign but it would probably be kinder to go to her, considering her back problems. Besides, he thought he needed some more time to really pull himself together. He began the ascent in silence.

Halfway up the caldera's sloping side, he paused to look over his shoulder at Alyx and changed his mind. "Can you do it?" he whispered, the quiver in his voice giving away the fact that he was nowhere near feeling strong enough for this task.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
quiet on set - by Caracal - September 08, 2021, 03:01 PM
RE: quiet on set - by Alyx - September 08, 2021, 06:32 PM
RE: quiet on set - by Caracal - September 09, 2021, 02:11 PM
RE: quiet on set - by Alyx - September 10, 2021, 10:38 AM
RE: quiet on set - by Ruenna - September 10, 2021, 11:00 AM
RE: quiet on set - by Caracal - September 10, 2021, 12:00 PM
RE: quiet on set - by Alyx - September 10, 2021, 12:54 PM
RE: quiet on set - by Ruenna - September 16, 2021, 08:31 AM
RE: quiet on set - by Caracal - September 16, 2021, 11:54 AM
RE: quiet on set - by Ruenna - September 16, 2021, 12:37 PM
RE: quiet on set - by Caracal - September 16, 2021, 02:55 PM