Duskfire Glacier take a look around you and get a good whiff
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,952 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
No sooner had the word "medic" left her mouth than sharp little teeth scored into her flesh. Caught by surprise, Meerkat instinctively yanked her leg free from Makatza's jaws. The knee-jerk swiftness saved her from a broken bone if not broken skin. She blinked down at the bloody but shallow wound, then gaped at the pup.

Before she could react beyond that, stern voices were demanding an explanation from Makatza even as the youngster screeched belligerently. Meerkat had never seen the girl before today and couldn't wrap her head around the past ten minutes. The word "consequences" was being thrown around and all the yearling could do was blink and think, Where did she come from?

And then another question occurred to her. Why didn't you do something? Meerkat felt guilt sear through her. She could've intervened earlier, yet she hadn't. She hadn't anticipated that this would happen. She also didn't consider herself a sitter. Nobody had put her in charge of Liak's care today, she had just happened to be in the area.

Where had Rye been? And Imaq? And where were they now? She blinked and looked around but didn't see the father nor his son right away. Then she spotted them off in the distance, Rye crouched over Sikuliak, who lay limp on the ground. The sight of them prompted Meerkat to finally do something other than stand there, buffering. Shaking her head lightly, she stepped toward Veteran.

"It's too bad your mom's away. But maybe @Eldritch can help. Let's go find her," Meerkat said, glancing at where Wintersbane and Tzila stood rebuking Makatza, before calling out to Rye, "We're going to get help for Liak. We'll be back as soon as we can." After nosing Veteran, the yearling pivoted and swept away.

This will be my last post, methinks!
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
take a look around you and get a good whiff - by Sikuliak - September 08, 2021, 05:27 PM
RE: take a look around you and get a good whiff - by Meerkat - September 12, 2021, 07:26 PM
RE: take a look around you and get a good whiff - by Makatza - September 14, 2021, 02:24 PM
RE: take a look around you and get a good whiff - by Sikuliak - September 16, 2021, 03:57 PM
RE: take a look around you and get a good whiff - by Meerkat - September 16, 2021, 09:02 PM
RE: take a look around you and get a good whiff - by Makatza - September 17, 2021, 06:52 AM
RE: take a look around you and get a good whiff - by Rye - September 17, 2021, 03:25 PM
RE: take a look around you and get a good whiff - by Veteran - September 18, 2021, 09:50 AM
RE: take a look around you and get a good whiff - by Sikuliak - September 29, 2021, 02:51 PM
RE: take a look around you and get a good whiff - by Meerkat - September 29, 2021, 03:21 PM
RE: take a look around you and get a good whiff - by Rye - October 03, 2021, 09:43 PM
RE: take a look around you and get a good whiff - by Meerkat - October 12, 2021, 03:11 PM