Ankyra Sound thunderbird
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,952 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador

She felt it when he sighed, his lungs a billows and his warm breath tickling the fur on the back of her neck as they clutched one another. Meerkat's cheek rested in the crook between his own neck and shoulder, snout pointed at the surrounding darkness. As she felt the tension leaving him, she smiled and turned her face into that selfsame curve. She breathed in his smell, his fur and masculine scent both tickling her nose.

It tickled, too, when he spoke. Meerkat didn't move, though she gave him a squeeze when he whispered about Mireille being like a daughter to him. It immediately reminded her of all those months searching for Phox, then his kids. She couldn't imagine what it was like, losing your kids (or the closest thing to them). But she could relate to the awful, wretched feeling of searching for someone to no avail.

Njord nuzzled her more and said he couldn't do much else tonight. The yearling didn't even have to think before saying, "You're beat. Me too. We should find somewhere to rest." He leaned back a little and so did she, allowing them to gaze into each other's eyes from only inches away. "I'll stay with you."

Despite her suggestion, Meerkat did not budge an inch. She didn't want to end this embrace. It was exactly what she'd needed all this time, without ever really realizing it. It was so nice, being held so snugly. It was more than that. Meerkat couldn't be entirely certain of Njord's feelings without actually discussing them, though even if he only held her as a friend, she felt cherished. That was all she'd ever wanted.

His question drew a quiet sigh from Meerkat and she reluctantly let go of him in increments. She didn't go far, pressing her right side to his left, so they touched from shoulder to hip. She wondered if they could walk like this. They would make it work, she decided with a wan smile. Her eyes caught his and she jerked her head in no particular direction, inviting him to lead them somewhere they could bundle together for the night.

As they walked, she said, "I've been out scouting for days. The glacier's leaders have decided we have to move due to the disease ravaging the local herds. I should've reported back days ago but I've had a hard time bringing myself to go home, because it's not really going to be home anymore, is it? We just lost the pack's founders too and I've been dealing with some personal stuff. It's been a lot." She exhaled with force.

Meerkat didn't say anything for a moment, though she turned to gaze at the side of Njord's face. "It's nice, being here with you, despite the world's complete fuckery. Pardon my language." She laughed, eyes twinkling as she deliberated before saying, "And my forwardness. But you—you feel it too, right?"
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
thunderbird - by Meerkat - December 27, 2021, 07:57 PM
RE: thunderbird - by The Listener - December 27, 2021, 11:15 PM
RE: thunderbird - by Fennec - December 28, 2021, 12:34 AM
RE: thunderbird - by Meerkat - December 28, 2021, 02:40 PM
RE: thunderbird - by The Listener - December 29, 2021, 10:14 PM
RE: thunderbird - by Fennec - December 30, 2021, 01:02 AM
RE: thunderbird - by Meerkat - December 30, 2021, 11:57 AM
RE: thunderbird - by Njord - December 31, 2021, 02:46 PM
RE: thunderbird - by Meerkat - December 31, 2021, 03:58 PM
RE: thunderbird - by Njord - January 02, 2022, 12:37 AM
RE: thunderbird - by Meerkat - January 02, 2022, 01:06 AM