Dragoncrest Cliffs Till my dying day
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
This was not a conversation that Rosalyn planned to have with Jorunn at any point in time. But now she found herself tempted, as the woman made her offer. There was no favor she wanted from any of them aside from the respect she was already given. Her struggles were her own to overcome.

But there was something she could do.

This talk had begun because her wife was a safe topic of discussion amongst the minefield that was the rest of their family. Albeit only from Rosalyn's perspective. She didn't see anything to indicate much from Jorunn's side, any signal that she might return whatever Erzulie might feel.

But there was no danger in being open here. Even if the feelings did not exist on either side. At least then they could choose, rather than the stupidity that was the alternative - stepping around her own perceived feelings about the matter. Her only hesitation was in that she felt her wife should already know better.

I have everything that I need. But I worry about her. This was the part that she did not like confessing. She has our family, and we will always have one another. But you give her something simple. Despite the nonchalance, she felt a welling of grief at this statement. As much as she wished to deny it, this simplicity was no longer a reality that she could give.

Our marriage is not something small enough to be threatened by other affections. We've always been open about that. She was able to smile as she said this. It was something that she was honestly proud of, and it seemed much more real than the insecurity that plagued other mateships. If it isn't something you want, then keep being her friend. If it is, then as a favor to me, follow it. If she is holding back as I suspect, she's doing it for the wrong reasons.

There was a chance that this was an overstep and that she was meddling where she was not wanted. It was so slim, however, that it was well worth the risk. If she was forced to become a burden on her wife, she refused to become the kind that would bear her down, away from the things she wanted. She would make herself a stepping stone instead, as often as she could, as well as she could.
Messages In This Thread
Till my dying day - by Rosalyn - April 16, 2022, 07:56 AM
RE: Till my dying day - by Jorunn - April 16, 2022, 01:10 PM
RE: Till my dying day - by Rosalyn - April 17, 2022, 10:08 AM
RE: Till my dying day - by Jorunn - April 17, 2022, 10:22 AM
RE: Till my dying day - by Rosalyn - April 17, 2022, 10:36 AM
RE: Till my dying day - by Jorunn - April 17, 2022, 10:57 AM
RE: Till my dying day - by Rosalyn - April 17, 2022, 11:29 AM
RE: Till my dying day - by Jorunn - April 17, 2022, 12:12 PM
RE: Till my dying day - by Rosalyn - April 17, 2022, 02:33 PM
RE: Till my dying day - by Jorunn - April 17, 2022, 02:48 PM
RE: Till my dying day - by Rosalyn - April 17, 2022, 03:20 PM