Dragoncrest Cliffs Till my dying day
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
It was hard for her to imagine that anyone would pass on the chance. So hearing that Jorunn confirmed it did not surprise her. It was different that she was a woman, when they had only ever shared one another with men, but she still failed to find any jealousy within her for it. It would be a deeper connection, perhaps, but there was nothing that could supplant the years of her mateship. She trusted that.

Her only regret, maybe, was how she spoke of such things as a bystander. It reminded her of her age and how heavily the years had fallen on her. There was a time when she might have looked upon Jorunn similarly, and perhaps flattered herself to think it would have been returned. She could no longer envision it.

Good. I suppose you'll have to decide if it ends up being enough. For some it wouldn't be. Njord came to mind, but he'd found happiness with another quickly enough. Perhaps to the detriment of his children, but that was a situation for another moment. Jorunn at least would not have that problem. I hope it doesn't offend, but I'm not worried about being replaced. She said this with a slight laugh behind the words, but she did not mean it as an insult. She just wanted it to be clear that her mind would not change, and she would not suddenly shift to jealousy one of these days.

Jorunn was young, but she was also kind. Clearly she had put some thought towards Rosalyn in her dealings with Erzulie, something that amused her with its lack of necessity, but also endeared her to the woman more. She was honest and perhaps having her around more would do some good even outside of her wife.
Messages In This Thread
Till my dying day - by Rosalyn - April 16, 2022, 07:56 AM
RE: Till my dying day - by Jorunn - April 16, 2022, 01:10 PM
RE: Till my dying day - by Rosalyn - April 17, 2022, 10:08 AM
RE: Till my dying day - by Jorunn - April 17, 2022, 10:22 AM
RE: Till my dying day - by Rosalyn - April 17, 2022, 10:36 AM
RE: Till my dying day - by Jorunn - April 17, 2022, 10:57 AM
RE: Till my dying day - by Rosalyn - April 17, 2022, 11:29 AM
RE: Till my dying day - by Jorunn - April 17, 2022, 12:12 PM
RE: Till my dying day - by Rosalyn - April 17, 2022, 02:33 PM
RE: Till my dying day - by Jorunn - April 17, 2022, 02:48 PM
RE: Till my dying day - by Rosalyn - April 17, 2022, 03:20 PM