Redtail Rise Master of puppets, I’m pulling your strings
451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
All Welcome 
Now that he could see, hear and move around relatively well, existence no longer infuriated Atreus quite so much. On increasingly steady legs, he could shuffle around the den, exploring every inch of the space and its inhabitants, who were likely relieved that he had begun to mellow out in his “old age.”

It was a bit too early to peek outside the den. Nonetheless, curiosity drove him toward the patch of sunlight splashed across the doorsill. He dimly recollected trying to claim this very patch from his brother. He still felt vaguely possessive of it and asserted his ownership of this particular sunbeam by parking himself there, legs neatly tucked beneath him in the style of a loaf of bread.

Tags for visibility: @Ancelin @Arielle @Aventus
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
6 / 2 THREADS
506 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Tactician
Aventus is skippable for now and can just become a cameo if someone else wants to meet Atreus!

From his customary perch above the den's entrance, Aventus watched his son's shadow creep across the ground. He was pleased that Atreus went no further than the door, but couldn't resist flicking a small pebble across the threshold just to see what he would do. When he wasn't hunting or patrolling the territory, Aventus was here, watching over his wife and children.

He couldn't deny how boring he found it, especially with Arielle as listless as she had been since the birth. Aventus was worried about her, but didn't feel like he could talk to her about it. The only other healer he could consult was Ashlar. Aventus thought he would sooner ask a sow bear to take a look at his molars after snacking on her cubs.

He silently sighed and resumed his vigil, curious how Atreus would react.
Pledged
Bearclaw
441 Posts
Ooc — ebony
ancelin was a little tired of his brother's former aggression. by exhibiting less, he had placed himself at the bottom of whatever hierarchy atreus was attempting to create.
today ancelin was experiencing a muzzy feeling of his own, and though he had no word for it, it compelled the boy. he rushed atreus, milk teeth snapping for the nearest ear.
451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
A small pebble flew through the air, bouncing a few times before coming to rest a few inches away from him. Atreus remained motionless, his only reaction a slow blink. And suddenly, he felt the sharp sting of teeth against his ear half a heartbeat before Ancelin pressed into him.

He refused to budge. And for the moment, Atreus didn’t parry his brother’s bites. He just tensed every muscle in his small body and refused to be moved from the spot his brother clearly coveted.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Pledged
Bearclaw
441 Posts
Ooc — ebony
ancelin growled and shoved and pushed. he closed his jaws and sawed his baby head back and forth. he snarled and then backed away.

ancelin lifted his hindleg, preparing to get atreus' reaction one way or another.
6 / 2 THREADS
506 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Tactician
Still skippable! Just gonna pop a post in here or there for flavour.

Aventus could not see the scuffle, but he could hear it. It reminded him of his younger days with Avicus. Back then, she had always been the dominant one. Upsetting that balance had upset their relationship so badly, he thought it was irreversible. Now he was here, under her command, and things had come full circle.

For now, he deigned not to intervene. One way or another, Atreus and Ancelin would sort it out. A lot of his resentment toward Avicus had come from perceiving favoritism, whether or not it existed. He would not make the same mistakes his parents had made by elevating one over the other, even if it was only stepping in on a brotherly spat.
451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
Atreus grunted with every impact, though he resolutely maintained his position through his brother’s relentless assault. Even when Ancelin actually chewed on him, he did not react other than to push his flesher deeper into the other pup’s mouth in a subtle attempt to thwart him.

Eventually, the onslaught stopped and Ancelin fell back. Atreus tracked his sibling’s movements, watching as he hoisted a hind leg into the air. Was he about to use his phallus as an assault weapon? It wouldn’t be the first time the boys had engaged in biological warfare.
Pledged
Bearclaw
441 Posts
Ooc — ebony
ancelin waited only a moment before dousing atreus in a baptism of piss. as the steam settled around them both, he snarled. atreus could sit there all he wanted, but by urine rules, the patch of ground belonged to his brother.
ancelin stalked away and tossed himself down in a darkened corner to watch his sibling and see what happened next.
451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
His brother doused him in urine. Atreus remained unflappable through the golden shower, his lips twitching ever so slightly when Ancelin snarled. But if his brother sought to claim this patch of ground, he did not follow through. Instead, he retreated to a far corner of the den.

Finally, little Atreus rose. He turned to face Ancelin as he emptied his own bladder, then without even bothering to squat, defecated for good measure. Some of it smeared on his hind legs. All the while, his eyes remained locked on his brother’s.
Pledged
Bearclaw
441 Posts
Ooc — ebony
 as the smell of atreus' final triumph filled the den, ancelin'e small face screwed up in disgust. his brother always took it too far! the boy stuck his tongue out but did not approach.
when someone cleaned the feces, he would take over the spot all the same, but for now it was ruined. he continued his glaring.
451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
Ancelin made a face at him, clearly disgusted by his brother’s shit show of dominance. There was a flash of pink as he stuck out his tongue, after which he glared resolutely at the damper, smellier Bearn.

For some reason, this brought a smile to Atreus’s lips: the very first of its kind. His tail had swung rigidly upward sometime during his discharge of bodily fluids (and solids) and now it wagged once, twice.

Sidestepping the worst of the mess, Atreus then slung himself to the ground again, tucking his filthy legs back beneath himself and releasing a content sigh into the foul-smelling air.
Pledged
Bearclaw
441 Posts
Ooc — ebony
last for me! <3

atreus was content. he slept. ancelin glared at him until the force of his anger provoked a huge yawn. he too fell asleep where he huddled, turning toward the wall and smushing his face against it in hopes the worst of the reek would stay out of his nostrils.