Hideaway Strath Black Door in the Forest
73 Posts
Ooc — Aero
Kevalin awaited some distance from the invisible boundary with trepidation. He didn't have the greatest history with approaching packs and hoped this time would be different. His call rang out loud and clear. Those who had been on the inter-pack hunt with The Dominion would surely recognize him, he could only hope that he hadn't irritated anyone yet and that they would welcome his as a visitor instead of a prisoner.
This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Fury herself answered from the depths of the Strath, letting out a call in response to tell him she was coming. 

Shortly, she arrived, tail swaying once or twice as a sign of good will before the mountainous woman stopped before Kevalin.
"Welcome to the home of the Saints." She rumbled, holding an expectant air that her visitor might explain his arrival on her borders.
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
73 Posts
Ooc — Aero
Mature 
Hello Fury. I come seeking training as medic. As you may have seen The Dominion has lost many members, our medic being one of them. I have no practical knowledge and only minor knowledge in herbs. I wish to be able to take care of my pack should the need arise. He had definitely calmed since being a member of The Dominion, although getting your ass handed to you at regular intervals did tend to have that effect.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The Warqueen listened attentively as Kevalin explained himself.
Fury was pleased with his reasonings and would nod once, firmly, before calling to @Arlette for her to join them.

Fury would then motion with her head for the Vassal to follow, before the Warqueen would turn to take him further into the Strath.
Health (100/100)
73 Posts
Ooc — Aero
Kevalin allowed the corner of his mouth to lift up in in a self satisfied smirk. Much better this time! It was with wisdom that he kept his mouth shut while he followed Fury across the invisible boundary line and further into her territory.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,095 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette was quick to respond to the howl of her matriarch. She made her way to the direction of the call, it was soon that she caught the female's scent. She wasn't alone. It was the male from the Dominion. Arlette looked surprised for a moment but trusted Fury. "You needed me?," she asked her sister. The female stepped closer and dipped her head politely to the other male.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Fury smiled warmly as Arlette came to the call.
Glancing to Kevalin, the Warqueen spoke first.
"Kevalin wishes to train as a medic, so he may help the Dominion better." She turned her eyes back to her sister then, watching and listening for her reaction.
Health (100/100)
73 Posts
Ooc — Aero
Hello again. He nodded at the woman who looked much like Vaska. Part of him wished he could have brought the boy along with him so he could escape The Dominion for a short while. He hoped there would be a reason someday for the two to be alone, for the boy to ask her the questions about his appearance that no one else could answer.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,095 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette dipped her head when the other was introduced. "Hello," she commented. "Of course. I'd love to help," she hummed. Arlette turned more towards him. The female was mostly curious how much he knew. "Can you tell me how much you know? Or will we have to start from the basics?," she asked with a kind smile.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Very short post! Exit for Fury here <3

The Warchief would listen for a few moments as Arlette and Kevalin talked.
It seemed all was well, thus the Warqueen assumed she wouldn't be needed directly.

With a chuff to them both as a goodbye, Fury would trot away into the depths of the Strath to allow them to converse without her presence.
Health (100/100)
73 Posts
Ooc — Aero
He nodded at Fury as she left then returned his attention to Arlette. I was able to assist Vex with the beginning of her birth. He smiled vainly. I have knowledge of very few herbs, but I do not know how to store them properly. He frowned. To be honest, it may be best to start from the beginning Although he was a well traveled man, that did not mean he was a wise man. To have an opportunity to be trained properly, he would much rather do so from the beginning.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,095 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette listened quietly to the male when he explained what he could and couldn't do. The woman was more than eager to help him. "Alright, certainly," she started. "As for your question. Each plant I try to store differently. Roots that came from under the ground, would do better in their natural habitat. So I tend to bury them or keep them somewhere dark."

"With flowers and other herbs that might dry out, I tend to know where they are so I can use them fresh," she explained. "Though some are just as effective dried out. Some don't have the desired effect anymore. It can be different for each plant."

Arlette had dipped her head when Fury had left. She got it from here. "I think we could start with wounds and infection first. As those are probably most common."
73 Posts
Ooc — Aero
He nodded in appreciation. A good teacher would certainly take direction. Not to mention the thorough answer to his question. He was already coming up with a plan on how to store his herbs in the future. He was growing excited that he had a new purpose in The Dominion. Truth be told, he never wanted his life to be all about the fight. He enjoyed it when he wanted it, but he didn't ALWAYS want it. Wounds are definitely frequent to say the least.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,095 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette had to agree with him. "Oh yes, and especially if a pack is focussed on fighting. Healing is an essential job," she spoke, a little proudly. The pale female cleared her throat. She briefly thought of where to start. "What would you do when a packmate has a wound? There are no wrong answers," she told him kindly. The female was just curious about where to start and this would help her determine that.

She loved to see how the male would think, then she could perhaps help better. It reminded her of her first love, Kaito. Who had helped her tremendously with the skill of healing.
73 Posts
Ooc — Aero
Kevalin held a self satisfied smirk. She began to quiz him then and he thought. His first instinct was to clean the wound, and then stop the bleeding. But he wondered how. I would clean the wound first and foremost, but how do I stop the bleeding?
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,095 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette nodded in encouragement. "Yes, depending on the location or how much it is bleeding." She shifted a little and moved in closer. "There are a few places, like in the neck if it bleeds it bleeds a lot. It is best to stop it as quickly as possible. I always try to press something against it, soft in texture. I used to take moss but recently I changed to the fluff on top of reeds, those... cattails?" She could show him later. "Very common and very useful."

"The thing is, bleeding does have a purpose. It bleeds the wound clean. If something comes out, infection can't set in. Though, avoiding infecting is hardly impossible I'd say," she explained to him. 'How would you clean the wound?"