Dragoncrest Cliffs Willow Tree March
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,971 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She felt a little like she was losing her mind, for a moment. Tears streamed down her face, choked little noises muffled by her paws pressing ineffectually against her eye sockets. Meerkat couldn’t control any of it for a minute, then two. Only when Njord began shushing softly did she suddenly manage to clamp the flow of emotions.

Meerkat dropped her paws and saw the bewildered look on her husband’s face. She almost laughed, though as her eyes traced over his new scars, it quickly sobered any silly notions. There was so much guilt tucked behind his sapphire eyes, it quickly made her regret her outburst.

That’s probably a good idea, she agreed with his suggestion. I think… I had a lot more feelings to process than I realized. More, she said hesitantly sniffling a bit, taking a breath, trauma. But, she continued in the next shaky breath, that was cathartic too. Just… Her voice dropped to a whisper. Bear with me, okay?

She touched her nose to his cheek. Meerkat wanted to apologize for the sudden onslaught of tears, yet she tucked that notion aside. Some emotional volatility was to be expected, honestly, and while Njord probably had no idea what had triggered her just now, he seemed to understand the situation. She just hoped it wouldn’t exacerbate his guilt.

Just in case, she told him, Nothing sounds better than curling up with you and snuggling, just the two of us, for the rest of the night. Waking up to you. Eating breakfast with you. Spending the day with you. And doing it all over again. And again. And again.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Willow Tree March - by Njord - October 23, 2022, 02:18 PM
RE: Willow Tree March - by Meerkat - October 23, 2022, 02:25 PM
RE: Willow Tree March - by Njord - October 23, 2022, 02:56 PM
RE: Willow Tree March - by Meerkat - October 23, 2022, 08:05 PM
RE: Willow Tree March - by Njord - October 23, 2022, 09:40 PM
RE: Willow Tree March - by Meerkat - October 23, 2022, 10:06 PM
RE: Willow Tree March - by Njord - October 25, 2022, 02:01 PM
RE: Willow Tree March - by Meerkat - October 25, 2022, 03:23 PM
RE: Willow Tree March - by Njord - October 25, 2022, 03:48 PM
RE: Willow Tree March - by Meerkat - October 25, 2022, 04:24 PM
RE: Willow Tree March - by Njord - October 25, 2022, 05:34 PM