Moonspear smallest wingless
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,971 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
For several moments, Meerkat didn’t move or say anything. She registered Alaric’s hopeful comment and caught the exchange between Sialuk and the woman she didn’t know, whose name turned out to be Elentari. Alaric said something about heartbeats and, finally, she tore her gaze away from her own belly to look up at her small audience.

I’m calm, she reassured.

But the talk of vitals returned Meerkat’s attention to her silent son. She intuited that Sialuk had sent Elentari to fetch the rabbit skin as a wrap for her baby boy. The idea brought Meerkat a great deal of comfort.

It would mean a lot to me if you would help Njord choose a spot and bury him, Meerkat said solemnly to Sialuk. Ray, will you stay here with me? she asked, knowing she wasn’t strong enough for this part. Alaric, would you mind sticking close as well, in case I need help?

With these tasks delegated, there was only one thing left to do. Despite the reassurance of life stirring in her belly, Meerkat closed her eyes against a fresh flood of tears as she wrapped her legs around the dead child and placed her cheek against the crown of his tiny head. She simply held him like that for a moment.

I love you, little Narwhal, she whispered, the name simply coming to her, then kissed his head. Please, take him, she said in the next breath, looking to Njord and Sialuk, fully trusting they would find a nice place to lay him to rest.

This will be my last post. Please feel free to continue this or wrap it, whatever works best for all of you!
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
smallest wingless - by Meerkat - March 07, 2023, 02:17 PM
RE: smallest wingless - by Alaric - March 07, 2023, 02:20 PM
RE: smallest wingless - by Elentari - March 07, 2023, 02:36 PM
RE: smallest wingless - by Stingray - March 07, 2023, 02:42 PM
RE: smallest wingless - by Sialuk - March 07, 2023, 02:52 PM
RE: smallest wingless - by Meerkat - March 07, 2023, 03:24 PM
RE: smallest wingless - by Njord - March 07, 2023, 05:23 PM
RE: smallest wingless - by Alaric - March 07, 2023, 05:51 PM
RE: smallest wingless - by Elentari - March 07, 2023, 07:15 PM
RE: smallest wingless - by Sialuk - March 11, 2023, 12:01 PM
RE: smallest wingless - by Alaric - March 11, 2023, 01:18 PM